Too Bony?? (a little TMI)

MandysueMS
on 5/13/11 9:05 pm - Amory, MS
Ok question.  What if I still have about 20lbs to lose in my stomach and legs, but everywhere else I look anorexic?? I don't want to be completely bony, but even my butt is bony now. My boyfriend and I were um, "busy" and he commented on how bony my ass was!!  

Will strength training help with this? I don't want to be a Kate Moss, I want to be a Beyonce!!

stephany48463
on 5/13/11 10:30 pm
definitely sounds like you want to do some strength training, build up the booty with muscle. just be warned it may cause scale to wobble a little but you've lost enough now that its about getting your body to look/feel how you want it now!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
HollyLaLa
on 5/14/11 1:38 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 I still have a way to go in the weight loss road but I have noticed that areas of my body have become very "jiggly" so I have started to take an aerobics/weight training class in my local area.  The lady that teaches this class is a competitive body builder, she is built like a brick s**t house and she is (get this) 62 years old!  She is completely amazing.  She looks like she is 45!  I know that we set numbers for our goals however I think that I would rather weigh a few pounds more and be a little muscular than untoned and at a certain number.  Muscle is way more metabolic and will continue to support you and burn calories for the duration.  Don't be afraid of strength training it wont hurt you if you know what you are doing (form) there are millions of trainers out there who are willing to teach for a fee.

Just do it!      

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
wife_of_a_soldier
on 5/14/11 3:22 am - WA
I feel your pain! I still want to lose another 26lbs, but I was in the same situation with my husband the other day and he said, "your hips are really small, how much more are you going to lose?" I am about 15lbs lighter than I was when I met him, but it did hurt my pride a little. Keep up the good work and strength training is great for building muscle and toning up the rest of us. :)
SW 253/CW 148/GW 150 (105 DOWN, GOAL IN 10 MONTHS!)

Babynesh05
on 5/14/11 5:34 am - Germany
 I have same amount more to lose as well.. And I have a lot more bones popping up lol. luckily my butt is still okay haha.. but my husband is commenting that I can stop now.. but like you I still have some stomach and legs (more legs) to lose so Im interested to see what people say.. 

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views