Revision from band to VSG complications?

Arlen Soman
on 5/15/11 8:29 am - sugar land, TX
 I have been doing my research, and I have decided that I want to revise my band to VSG. I have been reading this blog a alot, and I saw some posts about complications and I would like to know is there any one who has revised from lap band to VSG and had complications?

Thank you for all your help:)) I look forward to hearing from you:)))  
njmom5870
on 5/15/11 8:41 am
I had the lap band out in Oct 2009 and I waited until Jan 11 to have the sleeve.  I needed to "mentally heal" from the trauma of the horrible experience of the lap band slip,. 

My doctor scheduled a laprascopic sleeve with the thought that he would have to do an open procedure.  As luck would have it, I had very little scar tissue and my surgery was complication free.
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

mallrat
on 5/15/11 9:38 am - St Peters, MO

I had 2 bands before I had my revision to VSG.  The only problem I had was that I did have a lot of scar tissue and the surgeons had some trouble removing my port.  They were able to do the band removal and sleeve at the same time, but the surgery did take 3 hrs.   But other than that, I had no complications. 

bursonc
on 5/15/11 1:36 pm
I had my band placed in June 2008, had it out Sept. 2009.  I've waited until now to have sleeve.  Dr. tried to get me to do sleeve to begin with, but I was too bull headed!!! 
Having sleeve surgery with open incision June 3.  Praying there will be no problems.
kris B.
on 5/15/11 10:24 pm - north bend, WA
Bursonc,

So your having an open incision surgery? How did they determine it would be open? If I'm correct, your not having it done laporoscopically then? I believe I am having my surgery June 2nd. Close to yours. I am pretty nervous. My band has created some major scar tissue where my port is flipped (had one revision already), floating freely and I've had no restriction for 3 months. I do not do well with surgery. I hope yours goes well and would love to hear a little more about your situation.

Krista
Most Active