I want to say thank you... you guys are awesome!

sleevegirl
on 5/29/11 11:56 am - Austin, TX
Just want to say thank you to all of you here. My surgery is in 3.5 weeks and I'm nervous as all get out. For those of you that are brave enough to post your photos, you give me so much hope and so much "well, I can totally do that!" moments that it makes my heart sing.

To all of you that are brave enough to talk about the bad - the hair loss, the excess skin, the relationship changes, etc - you all give me a much needed reality check and make me think of how things could change.

To all of the newbies like myself - thank you for sharing your own fears, hopes and dreams - you make be feel almost normal on this wicked roller coaster I find myself on!

To all of who have made goal - thank you for sticking around and being cheerleaders and guides - you amaze me with your words, photos and encouragement.

Just feeling thankful tonight. I'm lucky enough to have a super suportive husband of 18 years, wonderful friends and fabulous family - including two beautiful children. I have lots to be thankful for - not the least of which is the ability (after much determination!) to self-pay for this surgery which will not only extend my life but enrich it in ways I cannot even begin to imagine.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

sleeve genie
on 5/29/11 12:06 pm - Alhambra, CA
You have made a very smart and brave decision to make important changes in your life and the sleeve will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.   I'm sure you'll do great  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

sleevegirl
on 5/29/11 2:35 pm - Austin, TX
Jeani - I know I will - You know how it is though, I keep having those moments of "I'll be the only person on the plane that this doesn't work for" or "Eh, that's going to be $15k down the drain when I gain it back in a few years" or... or... or... I have found a weightloss counselor though. I'm smart enough to know that I simply cannot do this on my own and between you folks, my family, my friends and the counselor (and, of course, my personal trainer, I'm going totally rock this!)

Eeeepp... I've never had a real surgery before (well one tiny outpaitient thing that doesn't count) so I'm totally freaked out about that part... but I have an amazing surgeon. I wonder if I can just eat valium for the next few weeks? ;) (kidding)

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Jillville
on 5/29/11 12:50 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Your post is so well written, and I couldn't agree with it more - I feel the same way.  I too am pre-op for the VSG -  no date yet, but surgeon said 3 to 6 mos. from now and this site has kept me sane!! GOOD LUCK with your surgery, your post-op, etc. Looking forward to hearing more about it! :)
sleevegirl
on 5/29/11 2:37 pm - Austin, TX
It kind of helps though to know that we're normal right? Almost everyone feels or felt like this. Sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and think about how life will be a year from now... ah, the daydreams of not trying to gauge if I can fit into that restaurant booth, riding a roller coaster (which scares the dickens out of me, but I'm going to do it, darn it!), all those things I've missed out on...

Most Active