I`m going home

amberblaiz
on 7/26/11 4:32 am - renton, WA
 I`m finally going home from Mexico where I was sleeved on the 23rd by Dr. Aceves. 

I`m still having quiet a bit of pain. I`m bloated as hell and I feel like I have to fart all the time. 
I think some of the pain might be from him fixing a hernia, but a lot of it is from the FIVE HUGE incisions! 

Does anyone have any suggestions for pain? I`ve been reading a lot of others peoples post op stories and they seem to be fine! I had to use a wheel chair in the airport today cause it sucks so much to walk. 

I guess i`m mostly just complaining, but if anyone has any ideas on what I should do let me know!
Need4Change
on 7/26/11 4:35 am - NJ
I know it sounds crazy but I toughed it out and when I was in pain, I walked more... getting back to routine is usually the best medicine.  Obviously dont overexert yourself if you are not well, but internal sutures can sting/be painful and I found that driving, going to work and getting back to life allowed things to heal faster and get better.

For pain, I was taking Tyl 3 with codeine.  Didnt do much, so I stopped taking it all together...

It WILL get better though, its just tough the first week.  The second week you are fatigued (Im about 5 weeks out). 

Best of luck to you!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 4:41 am
My mom had a hernia repair.  They are notorious for gas problems, sorry!  Your recovery period is going to be far longer than a standard sleeve because of that repair.  You should still be on decent pain medications and should be just resting at home, and on liquids.

Take care, you will feel better but don't compare your recovery to a sleeve only.  You had a much more intensive surgery than that.
Need4Change
on 7/26/11 4:43 am - NJ
thats actually a good point - I only had the sleeve done, so hernia repairs may have other sensitivities...
phred
on 7/26/11 8:43 am - CO
There was a young girl with a hernia,
Who said to her doctor "Gol-dernia,
When mending my middle,
Be sure you don't fiddle,
With matters that do not concernia!"

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

walmartian
on 7/26/11 11:53 am
Tee hee, Phred.
I hate to say it, but to get rid of the discomfort you are just going to have to get your mind on something else, get out of that chair and walk it off. I know that sounds mean, but the best way I can think of to stay miserable after any surgery is to sit idle, or trying to move veeerrrry slowly which only makes it worse. The bloating is the gas you haven't walked out of your system. How big are those incisions exactly? WHY are they 'huge'?

Most Active