I want to love my sleeve

cdepietro
on 8/5/11 8:24 am
I have such mixed emotions. Because I am having a such a hard time almost 2 weeks out and not even keeping in 20 ounces of clears. I havent even thought to attempt full liquids. My doctor says if I have to go back to thehospiatl he is keeping me 3-6 days to let the swelling go down. He hops its just swelling. He said he had to go really small because of prior band damage. I hope this is better in a few weeks. I suffered a lot with the band and now I feel like its the same thing all over again except I cant change my mind this time. I fear I am going to have to live like this forever. Please people did anyone else have this problem of throwing up all day how long did it take to get better. He said if it doesnt resolve he will have to do another surgery. I sooo wanted to be in love with my sleeve. And believe it or not I dont hate it yet lol... On a bright note I am down 24 lbs and only 9 lbs from onderland...

pebbles4388
on 8/5/11 8:39 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Hey!

It's great that you can find something to celebrate despite the difficulty you are having. I pray that it's just swelling, and that you feel much better soon and grow to love your sleeve.

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

KikiRox85
on 8/5/11 9:42 am - CA
Sending quick and safe recovery vibez your way. Trust me... every day it Will get better and better.
Take Care
Kristen

janielynne
on 8/5/11 9:44 am
I had problems with my stomach going into spasms.  Once I got the correct medication for the spasms, I was up and running. 
I wish you luck.  Take your time.  you will be able to eat soon enough.
DrHollywood
on 8/5/11 11:18 am - Harbor City, CA
Every 15 minutes you should be taking in 2 oz of water or protein drink.
You can train your sleeve to do what ever you want it to do.

Please work at the 15 minute thing...i promise it will get better if you do.

PM me if you wanna chat more.

Huuugs

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

mysticblue
on 8/5/11 11:24 am
I had the same trouble as you seem to be having. It does get better. The first month just sucks. I never got more than 32 oz of water in my first 3 months. I drank as much as I could and made sure I wasn't getting dehydrated, but otherwise did not worry about reaching a magic numbers. Our bodies are all different. Keep water around all of the time and drink what you can. Each week gets better and soon you will begin to feel normal again.

Good Luck. Lori H.

angela07
on 8/5/11 4:54 pm
You might have the same problems i had. i would throw up everything. Drs didnt know what was wrong with me. I went into the hospital ER for xrays and nothing was wrong with my stomach. That night i went home. The following 3 days were the same. I couldnt even keep down water. My dr scheduled me for more xrays where i had to drink this awful liquid. I couldnt drink it. Tech said that it wouldnt even go mid espho so that was a total failure. I had an endoscopy done and nothing was wrong either. All I was told to do was to wait it out. That it would get better. The Dr prescribed me some nausea cream to rub on my wrist and that helped a lot. I was like this for about a month, but it all gets better. This has been the best thing i have ever done for myself and im happy i did it. Just hang in there :)

cdepietro
on 8/5/11 5:14 pm
I spoke with my doc about nausea meds or spasm meds and he said you are not nausea or having spasms and he is right. He said your stomach is very small. There was an issue with scar tissue and I had to go vey small. Whether or not it is too small time will tell. Doc I can not keep down 2 ounes every 2 hrs. I sip so timy and it comes right back up. I am not even keeping in 20 ounces a day. I know I am hospital bound soon. I am dizzy, lightheaded and my urine when it happens is so dark. I just hope this doesnt require another surgery. How do you train your sleeve to stop vomitimg. My doc said right now with the size of it and the swelling it is to small to hold fluids.

Jackie00
on 8/5/11 6:52 pm
Honestly from what I have learned on here is you have to get your fluids in and if you were not, you should have  still been hooked up to the IV for fluids.  Don't dread the sleeve but you just may need more help with the IV for recovery time until the swelling goes down.  Have you tried the ice chips many talk about?
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 11:39 pm
 I could only keep down shaved ice the first two weeks. I mixed it with gatoraide and also with crystal light and grape juice to give it a little flavor.

If I had water any less temp I tossed my cookies.

The cold can help numb your tract all of the way down and reduces swelling. win/win for those of us with lots of swelling.
Most Active