Going BACK to the Dr. tomorrow

Could_It_Be
on 8/7/11 10:25 am, edited 8/6/11 10:38 pm
I'm really really really freaked out. It's been almost 7 weeks since my surgery and I feel worse now than I did 2 weeks ago.

I can only get one of the 3 things- protein, water or a TINY amount (~2oz all day) food but not any combination of the 3.

I did start on Protonix 2 weeks ago, it's helped some but I'm still so nauseated :(

Any advice? Suggestions? Guesses as to what is wrong with me?
Any ideas on what to ask the doc? I'm just at a loss...

:(

VSG on 6/22/11
infodiva808
on 8/7/11 11:34 am
Try sipping on warm ginger or peppermint tea. You might just be dehydrated also.

JenniferER
on 8/7/11 11:55 am - MI
I have no wisdom for you.  My surgery was one week later than yours and I am going through the exact same thing.  I have been under 300 calories a day for the last 5 days (and I only hit 400 calories once since my surgery).  I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.  As so many people feel great and love their sleeve, it is important to know that someone else is where you are.  I hope this week turns around things for both of us.  Good luck to you!!!!! 

Jennifer ER   VSG 6/29/11  RNY 10/26/11   

Smardeepants
on 8/7/11 12:34 pm
I don't have any suggestions for you... I had a rough beginning, but was OK by 2 weeks out (after being put on PPI 2X/day).

I'm glad you're seeing your surgeon, keep us updated, please!

Could_It_Be
on 8/7/11 12:49 pm
Thanks, Info diva, I'll try some tea!

Jennifer, I hate that you are feeling bad as well, but it DOES help to know I'm not alone. I don't know why *I* am having such a hard time while others seem to be bouncing right back

I will let you all know what the doctor says.

Thanks for the kind words.

VSG on 6/22/11
anewsweetjessa
on 8/7/11 3:41 pm - IA
I think I am dehydrated to ...DO you get dizzy ? I am hearing my pulse or my heartbeat I am bringing up anything i eat and I am tired and Blah I am drinking all day long but Im still am thirsty
did I mention the acid in my ears and the sore throat and the just nasty acid feeling

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 11:36 pm - MO
Have any of you all tried Benadryl or an allergy med. I was nauseated and vomiting when I was in the hosptial and the nurse stated my sinus didn't have anywhere to drain and they started me on benadryl and it stopped the vomitting.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views