I really dont understand

megamommy
on 8/15/11 9:44 am
I really dont understand why you can do Weigh****chers and lose weight(of course I was always hungry) but with the sleeve its such a struggle and you consume way under the caloric intake that you should to lose weight. I understand this will be the biggest challenge of my life but can someone please explain why you have to consume even less calories with the sleeve to lose than you did pre op? or am i just thinking this due to alot of the stall posts lately

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/15/11 9:49 am
You are going to lose weight a lot faster (over time) with the sleeve than WW.  But because it goes so fast, your body stalls so it can adjust and catch up.  Of course, I stalled with WW too, so it's not that different.

If you get a good sleeve, you can consume soooo little at first.  I'm lucky if I can eat 2 oz of dense protein right now.  Usually it's more like 1.5 oz.  It's not much!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Elaine H.
on 8/15/11 10:00 am
Your stomach size has been reduced by 85% so you can only hold 2 - 3 oz of food at a time. The upper part of the stomach produces the hormone grehlin, which is the hormone that makes you hungry and at the bottom of the stomach, produces a hormone that tells you you are full. So you are not hungry & you will know when you are full. Your stomach is swollen and saying what did you do to me, so as the healing proceeds you will be able to eat 3 -4 oz. This is where I am at at 4 mos. I understand this keeps changing as time goes by. My calorie intake is 6 - 800
calories a day. Less than 40 carbs - 70 grms protein & 70 oz fluids. This will all make sense to you after surgery. Hope I helped.
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
janielynne
on 8/15/11 10:34 am
I must tell you that the number one thing I love about my sleeve, is that I'm never hungry.  I have to tell myself to eat.!!!!  At 4 1/2 month out , I'm still shocked by this.  I think I'm losing slowly.  But every time I see the scale go down, I dont care how slow.....i just  love that Im almost in onederland !!!
I try not to think about the calories..Just take it a little at a time. You will see that , when you are full, the calories will not matter. You will see that the lower calories still fill you up. 

megamommy
on 8/15/11 11:04 pm
Thank you! I cant wait to not be hungry. It seems impossible to me now LOL

Most Active