Left Shoulder Pain

megamommy
on 9/15/11 10:00 pm
I was sleeved on Monday. I have having really bad pain on my left shoulder around my shoulder blade. How long does this take to ususally go away? Any tips for relief?

thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 10:07 pm, edited 9/15/11 10:08 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
The pain you are describing is typically referred gas pain from the gas they used when they inflated your belly, girlie.  Walking around is the only way to get it absorbed into your tissue and ultimately out of you. 

Sorry you have the pain! 
stacezoe
on 9/15/11 10:26 pm
yeah that is the only thing i really needed my pain meds for...Its no joke! Walk walk walk...Mine went away about one week post op and I haven't seen it back...
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
megamommy
on 9/15/11 10:55 pm
thanks! Praise the Lord. I need this to go away soon!

krystals
on 9/16/11 12:52 am - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
I had this pain after surgery I used Gas-x strips and walked as well. I think the Gas-X worked better then the walking for me. I have not had it since until, I got that same feeling on Monday but it was because I had accidently drink out of a straw and it put gas in my pouch. Ouch!! But I just took a Gas-X strip and was fine.

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/16/11 1:06 am
The pain in your shoulder is a "referred" pain from the free air in your abdomen pushing up on your diaphragm.  Walking helps.  Eventually, it just dissipates and is absorbed by your body. 

I think that as we go along after surgery, air gets dislodged at different times and rises up to press on your diaphragm.  Just when you think you're over the gas pain, here it comes again!

Gas-X strips help with air inside your sleeve -- like when you swallow air while drinking, but doesn't help with the air inside your abdominal cavity.

I hope you feel better soon!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views