What would you say HELP review committee will I get this done

obxhatteraslight
on 9/26/11 7:33 am, edited 9/26/11 8:38 am - baldwinsville, NY
I see the Nurse Practitioner tmw and I also have my 2nd sleep study tmw night. I still need to lose a few pounds to make the 5% weight loss goal the drs office requires. I have everything else completed.

I am required to wear the Bipap for 8 weeks and had previously had a failed lap band.

I would like to have my surgery in December.  I am in understanding that My paperwork needs to go to the review committee at the drs office before submitting the insurance. Review committee being 2 drs, NP and psych doc.

I want to ask if this is really gonna happen and if I should really proceed with the sleep stuff if there is a chance that it will not. I do not want to be rude etc..... My DH is also on my case in regards to this....

Any tips appreciated....
obxhatteraslight
on 9/26/11 7:49 am, edited 9/26/11 7:50 am - baldwinsville, NY
I guess maybe I did not get out what I wanted to say..... it just sounds like there is a huge chance that this might not happen. I am not sure why they would run me through all this testing then make this determination. I am just not feeling so sure about what decision that they will make.

They are pulling out of this hospital 12/31 and I do not want another hospital bill for the new year since I have made my deductible etc.
Paige V.
on 9/26/11 7:53 am - Gainesville, FL
why would there not be a chance? Are you over a 40bmi?

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

obxhatteraslight
on 9/26/11 7:56 am, edited 9/26/11 7:59 am - baldwinsville, NY
I am not sure why there would be a chance but when I spoke with the nurse practioner on the phone in regards to my sleep study last week she said that I still needed to have my chart pass the review committee for APPROVAL before being submitted for insurance.

Other then I think maybe they might feel that I was not compliant with the lap band put in from another practice that has been out since July 2010

It really is not a good feeling.........

It is an uneasy and unpleasant feeling.

Yes over 40 BMI
with several comorbidities
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views