VSG Doctor in Dade/Broward Area

marym1785
on 10/31/11 4:34 pm
Anyone have VSG in Dade / Broward Area (Florida).  I am looking for some recommendations and their experiences.  Thank you!
George B.
on 11/1/11 1:03 am - Miami, FL
Two good ones in Dade are;

Dr. Moises Jacobs @ Jackson South
Dr. Enrique Whittwell @ South Miami Hospital

Dr. Jacobs operated on me, my wife and a co-worker. We're all doing great and have met our weight loss goals.

Dr. Whittwell opertated on a friend of mine and I attended his seminar. He has an excellent manner and great staff support and follow-up. My friend also met his weight loss goal.

Both have lots of experience with the VSG. Google them for more information.

Good luck,
George

marym1785
on 11/8/11 8:16 am
Thank you.  Since I live in Broward, I have decided to go with Dr. Brett Cohen; Memorial Regional on 11/16/11.
Thank you for the information.
By the way, can you tell me a little about what it was like when you first woke up... Your experiences?
Thank you!

George B.
on 11/8/11 8:45 am - Miami, FL
 The only pain I experienced post-op was gas pains. Walking the halls in the hospital really helped as did Gas-X strips. 

I was a little nauseous and was given a shot which helped. When it was time to sleep I was given a shot for pain. I wasn't really in pain but thought the shot would help m sleep. 

I went home the next day and felt as if nothing had happened and I was not hungry. I have not been hungry since which makes losing weight and keeping I off easy. 

Best of luck on the 16th.  

marym1785
on 11/8/11 10:02 am
Thank you!
i have never seen GAS-X STRIPS...
where can i buy them?
George B.
on 11/8/11 10:19 am - Miami, FL
Gas-X strips are available at Publix, Walgreens and CVS. Instead of a pill it's a thin strip that you place on your tongue and it quickly dissolves. They were a real help the day after surgery.

Best of luck,
George

kpuddytatz
on 11/1/11 6:42 am
Dr. Paul Wizman in Margate -- he does surgery at Northwest Med Center in Broward and at Wellington Regional in Palm Beach.  His office is a bariatric Center of Excellence.  He did my VSG 7/10 and I would highly recommend him - he's very straightforward, caring, and has a great bedside manner and sense of humor.  The nurses on the bariatric floor at Northwest also had nothing but great things to say about him.  I'm a RN myself and nurses tend to talk to other nurses more openly than others.  His nurse, Diane, is also very competent, caring and available.
Good luck on your journey!

marym1785
on 11/8/11 8:19 am
Thank you for the information.  Since I live in Pembroke Pines (Hollywood, FL) I decided to go to Dr. Brett Cohen, he seemed really nice and his staff is great.  Surgery is scheduled for 11/16/11 at Memorial Regional.
Could you tell me your experience from the moment you openned your eyes after surgery?
Thank you!
QueenBeeFla
on 11/3/11 9:37 am

Dr. Thomas Bass in Hollywood.  www.hollywoodbariatrics.com.  I has my VSG done in August and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff.  My surgery was successful, I recovered quickly, and my incisions are small and very discreet.  I can't say enough about him and his staff whi*****ludes his wife Tiffany who is his nurse and Bariatric coordinator. 

HW:439 DOS: 417 Left Hospital: 420 GW: 165    

marym1785
on 11/8/11 8:13 am
I am actually scheduled for vsg 11/16 at Memorial Regional, but with Dr. Cohen, same office and I agree the staff is great.  I could not wait anymore and decided to go with Dr. Cohen.  Can you tell me a little about what to expect when I open my eyes after surgery?
Thank you so much.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 57 views