acid

kris_23
on 11/29/11 10:26 am
 Hey, so i got sleeved about a year and a half ago and im very happy with it! But i still face the battle with the stomach acid ive been taking Prilosec OTC for it but ive been trying to get off of it because of the negitive side effects of it. I started taking Marshmallow root pills because i read that that helps a lot with stomach acids but its not much as of now. Can you guys helps me out or recomend something else prefreable natural so there no side effects. Please and Thanks!
hollykim
on 11/29/11 11:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
i have seen some people posting bout taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to combat acid. It is the homeopathic principle of "like treats like". If you are suffering with acid,you need to take acid to treat it.

I tried it,but only seemed to get limited relief from it.

I take Nexium and plan to take it indefinitely. I feel like the side effects of uncontrolled acid reflux are worse than the side effects of the PPI,personally.   Barrets Syndrome,a precancerous condition of the esophagus can happen after too much uncontrolled acid reflux.  I will take my chances with osteoporosis rather than of the throat. There is effective treatment for osteoporosis. There is,as you know,no real effective treatment or cure for cancer.

Good luck,
Holly

kris_23
on 12/3/11 1:44 am
 Yeah ive read about that also.I just started taking it a few days ago and its working but it tastes horrible and i have to take it 3 times a day for it to give me relief.
My biggest reason to get off the PPI's is because it causes impotence and that isnt working out with me too well.  Thats why im looking for a new medicine that wont cause it or something where impotence isnt a factor because its really taking a toll on me now. Thanks somuch for your help though.
hollykim
on 12/3/11 2:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Oh! well,that does make a difference. I can see where that would be a concern too.

You can get apple cider vinegar capsules at most health food stores. That might make it more possible for you to take it on a reg basis.

Good luck

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views