Protein suggestion for chocolate lovers

LittleMissSunshine
on 12/15/11 3:22 pm
So for a while there, Unjury was my go-to shake... the only problem with that was a.) I started getting stick of it and b.) it had to be ordered online (not convenient).

After trying a few different ones that I could pick up locally, I've finally settled on the BioChem 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate Fudge flavor... mainly because it tastes a lot like hot chocolate, only cold ;).

Today I tried it with 2 scoops (20g) mixed into Hershey's Chocolate Milk Shake... worked great, though the carb count was more than I should have in a single day, so a good experiment, but next time I'll try regular (non "shake") chocolate milk.

I also gave it a try with 16oz of milk and 2 tablespoons of chocolate Nesquick... also a win :).  So... if you're looking for options to switch it up a bit, try your favorite chocolate powder with chocolate milk or Nesquick.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Mom4Jazz
on 12/15/11 9:50 pm
Ooooh, oooh! I can help with the carb thing!

Hershey's cocoa powder (or the store brand) has almost no calories and carbs. But if you add that, you can mix your protein powder with plain skim milk or even water (I use water) and get the same result!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

George B.
on 12/16/11 12:07 am - Miami, FL
I also add Hershey's dark cocoa powder to coffee for a little chocolate kick with almost no added carbs.

soulsister
on 12/16/11 3:40 am - NY
I also 3rd the idea of the cocoa powder. If you want it a bit sweeter like Nesquick, you can add a packet of Stevia or sweetener of your choice.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views