Home and sleeved!

Lace H.
on 1/13/12 4:02 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
Today, was discharged from the hospital.  Was sleeved on Wednesday.  Feeling really really good.  Thanks to all my OH friends advice!  I got my gas X strips which are a LIFE SAVER!  No nausea.  The only pain I have is when I swallow and the food hits my tummy.  Sharp pain.  Is that normal?

Feeling great otherwise.
moonglo82
on 1/13/12 4:39 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
What kind of food are you eating? I've never heard of a WLS patient who was able to eat anything for at least two-three weeks after surgery... most are on a liquid diet at this stage.

Glad the surgery went well, though!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

VUUBUG
on 1/13/12 9:34 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 I was sleeved on Tues...and I know the "discomfort" you are feeling...it's normal...just spasm....funny how you can feel everything going down, isn't it? I hope you are talking about your protein shakes...good luck
C. Harvey
on 1/14/12 1:07 am
VSG on 01/11/12
I was also sleeved Wed (11th) I come home yesterday and am doing quite well. I'm not feeling any pain when swallowing though, nor does it hurt my tummy...I still have alot of gas though. The only problem so far I have had is my JP drain...it seems to want to keep clotting in the tube part...it;s still draining some though...I've tried my hardest to milk it through, so hard though when you can barely see what your doing. Scared I will tear it out. Any advice on how to help get that gunk through the tube?
photobia
on 1/14/12 6:40 am - NE
VSG on 01/11/12
 I was sleeved on Wednesday also. I'm still on clear liquids. My stomach does a lot of gurgling and if I take a sip that's too big, my esophagus spasms. If your dr. Has old ou that you can g
Have solid food, maybe take smaller bites and chew until I is liquid form. Hope this helps

Most Active