Will it always be difficult, or just during healing?

Magenta73
on 1/23/12 9:32 am
My knees and shoulders are not the best, so I wanted to start up the Osteo B-Flex again. I started thinking, how am I going to swallow those huge pills after the surgery?

So, I asked the pharmacist today about cutting them in 1/2. He said even in half it would not be comfortable going down and would probably make my stomach feel sick with the coating on the pill being compromised. He said I will probably have to stick with chewables on vitamins and supplements. I ended up getting Joint Juice to add to my water.

Is anyone experiencing that issue more than 3 months out, that you can't swallow regular size pills/caplets and have to halve them or replace with chewables?

katier825
on 1/23/12 9:48 am
The only pill I had trouble with was the full size calcium pills. I have enough problem getting the Citrical Petites down. I wonder if there are any online in a smaller version of the ones you want. You might ask the pharmacist if he's aware of any other form that they come in.
Pkrplyr777
on 1/23/12 10:05 am - CT
I suggest chewables and/or liquid until you feel comfortable. I don't believe taking the full size pill will be an issue for your stomach but your head will tell you differently.

My husband took all the pills right after surgery, I on the other hand played it safe and either cut up, opened capsules or just went to chewable/liquid until I felt ready.

Now....anything goes except more than 3 oz of meat/solid protein.

donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Magenta73
on 1/23/12 10:30 am
 Thank you, both of you! That's really great news!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views