Does it still work if you do every thing wrong???

Arlen Soman
on 2/22/12 1:16 am - sugar land, TX
 Its been 8 mths since i got sleeved and i am down 66 lbs,from 216 to 150 now :))))which feels great!!! and I love the way I feel now :) I want to dress up meet people and go out, and I'm not embarrassed of the way I look. but I haven't done any thing right. I still eat what I want ,from day one. drink what I want ( soda, fried food, bread, butter and all the bad thing that you shouldn't :(.. ) the only thing I don't like any more after surgery is chocolate and ice cream, which I'm very glad about!!!!!! and I don't excise at all :((( I know I need to. so my question is I have noticed that I get hunger more often and eat more then I use to, like before I was may be able to eat half a slice of large pizza but a couple of days ago I was so Hungary that I ate 1 1/2 slice of medium pizza :( or like before I was able to eat half a tortilla but now i can probably eat the whole thing :(( ... is this normal and I will gain all the weight back if i keep doing what I do?? I know I eat way less then before surgery but way more then after surgery!  
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/12 1:22 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
There are a few folks here who seem to be able to eat whatever they like and it still works for them.

This may or may not be true for you.

Getting hungry again is normal, for some of us eating what you describe and that making us hungry is normal, absolutely.

You absolutely might gain all your weight back if you keep doing what you do, because at 8 months, you might still have a few times where how much you CAN eat increases.

I guess the question is whether you care to toss that die or not. 

*shrug*  Nobody can tell you what WILL happen.  Folks can tell you what they think might happen.

But its your body, and your life and you gotta decide if its a chance you are willing to take.  *shrug*

Good luck. 
acbbrown
on 2/22/12 1:30 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Is this for real?? Sounds like a joke. Sorry if that's harsh. 

If not, regardless of weight loss, why would you go through something so drastic if you aren't concerned at all about your health??

It will catch up with you. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 2/22/12 4:24 am - NJ
 That.Exactly. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

KathyA999
on 2/22/12 1:40 am
So for a lot of us, we're able to lose weight pretty much regardless of what we eat.  (Others, not so much.)  Sounds like you're one of those.

However, whether you'll be able to maintain your weight loss doing this is another question.  As you've discovered, we are eventually able to eat more.  So then the quality of our meals becomes more important.  Many use the 18 months or so after surgery to re-educate ourselves about how to eat, so that when that happens, we have established some good habits that hopefully will help us keep our weight off.

One other factor that's absolutely critical, and that is protein and vitamins/supplements.  Have you been tracking your protein intake?  Have you been taking vitamins and supplements?  Have you had your surgeon or PCP do bloodwork?  If not, get a full panel of labs done and see where you are.  You're early enough out to catch any deficiencies and correct them before any permanent damage.  For example, once our stomach is gone, we lose the ability to absorb B12, and we have to take it either sublingually or from shots.  B12 deficiency can result in permanent nerve damage in extremities (toes and fingers), and can move up from there.  The nerve damage causes pain and loss of use.  You don't want that!  Then there's anemia (lack of iron), osteoporosis (lack of calcium), heart damage (lack of protein) and the list goes on.  Get thee to a doctor!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

PaulaToronto
on 2/22/12 1:48 am - Toronto, Canada
I think you know the answer to your question. I wondered why you ask it since you didn't follow advice to begin with.  Are you showing off? Look what I did without following rules or making changes to your lifestyle? I would imagine you don't track and have no idea what your food intake looks like from a nutritional point of view. So of course you will start to gain it back. There is no magic in this surgery - it is still calorie in calorie out, exercise, water, protein first, limit carbs.

So many people have to fight and wait to get this surgery or pay out of pocket.  Your flip attitude will flip others off. 

If you are looking for advise to get on track there are many here that will help you but if you are posting to make some kind of point, don't waste our time.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

VegasLAbound
on 2/22/12 1:55 am - Cleveland, OH
My feelings exactly Paula. This is just trolling at it's best.

Ms Shell
on 2/22/12 2:49 am - Hawthorne, CA
I know of at least 4 young ladies who weren't trolls (everyone that goes against the grain is NOT a troll people) and did exactly what you ARE doing and were and still ARE success.

As long as it works for you have at it.  When it doesn't good luck.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

edelu
on 2/22/12 3:32 am - los angeles, CA
Thank you Ms Shell.  It's nice to be able to ask a question and get a real response.  I'm so tired of seeing people being run off because they go against the grain.  I still dream of Fawn and wish i had it like her. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/12 3:53 am, edited 2/22/12 3:55 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Never mind.  I am irritable and it leaked out my fingers.  Sorry.

Most Active