My new yummy

kahlana
on 3/18/12 1:48 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
This is my new breakfast... I am addicted but limit myself to one a day due to the 37g of sugar.

Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster

Nutrition Facts

• Serving Size 1 Bottle (120z)
  • Servings Per Container 1
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories 320Calories from Fat 55
  • % Daily Value*
  • Total Fat 6g9%
  • Saturated Fat 1g5%
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 5mg2%
  • Sodium 360mg15%
  • Potassium 680mg19%
  • Total Carbohydrate 40g13%
  • Dietary Fiber 3g12%
  • Sugars 37g
  • Protein 25g
  • A0%
  • C0%
  • CALCIUM75%
  • IRON20%
  • B6150%
  • B12150%
  • ZINC45%
  • COPPER25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Weigh****cher's Winning Points®**: 6 Weigh****cher's PointsPlus®**: 8 ** Weigh****chers® and Points® are registered trademarks of Weigh****chers International, Inc. The number of Points provided here were calculated by Food Facts, Inc. based on published Weigh****chers International, Inc. information and do not imply sponsorship or endorsement of such number of Points, Food Facts, Inc., or the above product by Weigh****chers International, Inc.
Ingredients:
Soymilk ( Organic ) (Water and Soybean(s) ( Organic )), Water Filtered, Cane Juice Evaporated ( Organic ), Milk Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Isolated, Cocoa Dutched (processed with alkali), Tricalcium Phosphate, Vanilla Extract, Sea Salt, Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin B6 ( Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (HCL) ), Vitamin B12 ( Cyanocobalamin )

My Blog My Facebook

Could_It_Be
on 3/18/12 2:09 pm
 I bet it tastes good but that's my carb limit for the entire day 

VSG on 6/22/11
J.Lo 74
on 3/18/12 2:11 pm
Yeah, was going to say the same thing..
kahlana
on 3/18/12 2:32 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
i thought so too but I tried to limit myself to super low carbs like that and I get amazingly fuzzy headed and start nodding off about 2pm. Not a good thing when 2pm is about the middle of my work day and I start saying things like "Take the claim number and your deductible and that basket to a side of a barn" and I am supposed to say "take the claim number, damamged phone and deductible to a corporate store..." If i do about 60 to 80g of carbs (and this is good carbs not pasta rice or potatoes) I do so much better during the day. So I am not too worried about the carbs right now. I'm still losing really well (1 to 3 pounds a day depending on activity level) and I am working out 7 days a week from between 30 to 90 minutes a day so for now I am keeping track of not just the nutritional side of things but also how I feel after I eat something.

My Blog My Facebook

MyOwnSunshine
on 3/18/12 2:43 pm
I don't particularly count carbs, but 320 calories is a lot for a protein shake.  That's nearly 25% of my daily intake, and I allow myself a lot more calories than many other people.

I would maybe recommend finding a lower calorie shake with the same amount of protein, or saving this one for a rare treat. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
kahlana
on 3/18/12 11:38 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
MyOwnSunshine
I need at least 1200 calories a day to keep up with my life and still lose weight but there's no way this early out I can get it all from food. i just don't have enough room. I tried.  If i go any lower calorie-wise I am falling asleep at the wheel, literally and figuratively. So since my surgeon really stresses getting most of my nutrients from shakes and supplements I figure I'd drink 3 shakes a day and add in food if I have room for it. (Somedays I just can't eat anything solid for some reason. One bite and I'm done) This is the only shake I buy that is ready made and i use it for my breakfast since I am never hungry in the morning but need to get in some nutrition somehow. Then I do 2 other shakes with unflavored protein powder and crystal light at my other "meal" times. Snacks are usually something solid like a piece of string cheese wrapped in a slice of deli lunch meat spread with a tablespoon of greek yogurt or a small container of applesauce. If I am really hungry for some reason in the morning, I will add an ounce of soft beef jerky. Other than that I pretty much live on shakes.

My Blog My Facebook

tall_not_venti
on 3/18/12 2:43 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
I like the vanilla chai one, too, but it has less protein. Good for you for listening to your body...we all do this slightly differently, but we all eventually get there.
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 4:39 pm
Hey, if you love it and it works for you and you're still losing, by all means. I'm also very glad to hear you're losing so steadily and are doing so well!

I wouldn't be able to use it at this point since it's about half of my dialy calories (I usually do somewhere around 650-700 per day). I would worry, too, about the high sugar content. I've had ver little sugar since well before surgery and am kind of loving the sugar free life. I do fine on super low carb, which I know not all people do.

I'm looking forward to trying it once on maintenance! 
Sara M.
on 3/18/12 10:20 pm - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
My daughter LOVES the vanilla one and she has one everyday!

Glad you found something that works for ya and tastes good!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
rhearob
on 3/18/12 11:44 pm - TN
 Probably tastes good, but thats 2 meals worth of calories and only one meal worth of protein - Not good for me, too many empty calories.

You should try the NuGo Carb Smarte Peanut Butter Crunch Bar - Bet you'd love that.  I use them all the time when I travel and can't eat Airport food.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active