Tired of this diet and feeling like giving up...rant

Stronger1
on 4/11/12 1:29 am - Charlotte, NC

Thanks acbbrown, these are all good points and great advice.  I do need to keep my head in the game.  But you can't tell me you don't have those days when it's just like "Screw it...I can't eat but a half cup of XXX anyway I might as well go for it!!!" It's just one of those days for me.  I haven't fallen off of the wagon yet, even when I find myself being dragged by the wagon...I'm hanging on it.  I tell myself all the time, this is not a race, it's a journey.  But unfortunately you look at other people's "stats" on this site, you can't help yourself but compare.  Which is why I stay away sometimes.  But I'm not giving up...choosing to have surgery was HUGE for a big scaredy cat like me...so I'm not going to waste this chance. 

When I think of it in terms of 10 pounds per month...it does seem better than it feels.  And seeing that you've been working for 2 years and still losing...it encourages me to keep at it until I reach my goal. 

INgirl
on 4/11/12 1:48 am
Just a heads up, stats don't tell you the whole story.. 

It took me 14mo in total (16lbs in 2mo pre-op) to lose everything on my ticker.. and guess what, I lost and still do in stages.. down, then GAIN a couple pounds, let me say that again.. I gain a COUPLE pounds. And I hold onto that for weeks at times.. followed by another fast drop. No, I never wanted to give up, I knew this would be the way it was, it is for many.. I went into this thinking this was my lifestyle period, not a diet, no end in sight. It works, even if you worry every step of the way over ever pound UP that you see.. it works as long as you are staying on plan, then those "ups" are not real. If you get frustrated and start eating to comfort yourself.. then it's only you that didn't work.. Sorry for the reality, but that's the truth of it. In order for this to work long term, you cannot look at it as something that comes to an end at a magic number or date.. it's for the rest of your life.. what you do with that- your call. 
acbbrown
on 4/11/12 2:07 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I have many days where I make poor decisions - I will always admit to that! I had a whole month where I struggled. My attitude is not always the best but I just know I can't give up and I have to limit the length of my pity parties!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

emelar
on 4/11/12 1:54 am - TX
Okay, does it sound better if I point out that you've lost around 44% of your excess weight (66lbs out of around 150lbs that you want to lose)?  And you've done that in what?  around 4 months?  Stop kicking yourself.  You're doing great.  Stop stepping on the scale and focus on the program.  Upping your fluids is ALWAYS a good idea.
bjalberta
on 4/11/12 2:07 am - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
 I bookmarked this thread because I think there are some great points being made.  I'm going to remind myself once in awhile that EVERY pound gone is .... Gone.  We are all different.  This sleeve has made an incredible difference so far .... No "diets" ... A new life!  And for you, 66 lbs is phenomenal ... Keep on taking it day by day .... "feeling better" with food as the answer ?... Is really not the answer ....  There's lots of support here ... Every day...... I hope I can do as well as you have!

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
theshrinkingmimi
on 4/11/12 2:41 am
I could feel your frustration coming through.  DON'T GIVE UP.  WHAT YOU ARE DOING DOES MATTER!!!!!

You are healthier. You are healthier. You are healthier.

Just remind yourself of that.  Also, people *****ach goal in 6 months, tend to be much lighter than you.  Maybe it is the PCOS, but you are progressing.  Maybe you need less carbs.

Definitely up the water. You should know how many glasses you drink. The only thing that I track is protein and water. I typically drink out of 16 ounce cups. I make sure that I drink at least 5 cups (80 ounces). I do this by following certain rules: 3 cups by lunch (at least one befoe breakfast), 1 cup before dinner, 1 cup after dinner.

I wish I could help you more, but hang in there.  It may not be as fast as you want, but you are progressing.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Stronger1
on 4/11/12 3:14 am - Charlotte, NC
Thank you shrinkingmimi...both you and acbbrown are inspirations to me.  Your weight loss has been phenomenal.  I'm just having an off day today and needed a pep talk.  My friends and family who never struggled with weight like I have don't really understand this lifestyle, how and  why I eat what and how I do...so it's nice to know I can come here and get a encouragement / and or some gentle butt kicking. 

Definitely I'm working on my water...I still struggle to get in my 64 ounces per day, so that is an area I'm working on. 

Pooch2
on 4/11/12 9:15 am
Have you tried these to help make your protein requirements?

For the first 3 months post surgery, this was a life saver for me and I still use one every day for 1/3 of my protein needs and only 11 oz, the rest comes from food...

Premier Protein® Shake

Premier Protein Shakes: Available in Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry.

• 30g Protein
  • 160 Calories
  • 1g Sugar
  • Low Fat
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Stronger1
on 4/11/12 11:01 am - Charlotte, NC
No I have never tried those, I usually do either Nectar or EAS shakes. But they may be worth a shot for 30g protein.

kimbethin
on 4/11/12 3:14 am - CA
Vent all you want but just DON'T QUIT!  One thing that is ok to quit is comparing your loss to others'.  It can be hard to see that but we are all unique and this road really is different for everyone.  Follow your plan the best you can every day.  It will work.  You've gotted great advice here, just incorperate the good and keep moving!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views