Dr recommendations Milwaukee/Chicago even as far as Detroit

skinniwithin
on 4/12/12 1:53 pm
I would love it if you could give me some first hand recommendations of docs you have loved and used.

I live near the border between Illinois and Wisconsin so anywhere from S Chicago to Milwaukee is doable.

I could also stay with my sil in detroit so any where in that area would work too.

Ideally I'd like an office that promotes a whole weight loss experience including nutrition, diet and counseling by appropriately trained professionals.

Thanks
Love_Sunshine
on 4/12/12 2:14 pm, edited 4/12/12 2:14 pm
 This is where I have been going.  Been to the seminars and met some of the surgeons and the former patients.  

http://www.suburbansurgicalcare.com/
Marabell
on 4/12/12 2:37 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
these surgeons/this center come very highly recommended:

http://www.lifeweighbariatrics.com/

Tracasa
on 4/12/12 3:29 pm
I also went to Suburban Surgical Care great team my Dr. was Paul Guske liked his bedside manner, plus he takes all the time you need to answer any questions you have. The office people were always pleasant I never had an issue with them.

Christa :]
on 4/12/12 11:31 pm - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
Hurley Bariatric Center that's where I went through. In MI, I only live 15 minutes away from there though. But I met someone there that drives 5 hours to get there! They have a dietician, medical staff, everything you need.

sweettooth58
on 4/13/12 2:26 am, edited 4/13/12 2:28 am - IL
I had surgery by Dr. Rosen and Mikhail just this month but have been going to them since November.
Each visit is at least 2-3hrs long. You see a Doctor, exercise physiologist and a registered dietitian every visit oh and the MA who checks blood pressure and weight. There is no such thing of skipping anyone.
I have a friend who is going somewhere else and the only thing she does is weigh in. She is wondering how to prepare for the surgery and wondering if anyone is going to give her a menu or tell her how to eat, how much to eat after surgery. Where I was prepared for everything.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Good luck with your decision...I have been very happy with my Doctor choice and my surgery...
Lifeweigh Bariatric
www.lifeweigh.com
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views