5 day post op

shaunna28306
on 4/24/12 3:13 am
Okay guys I am 5 days post op. I am still sore. My stomache is really tight and it hard to even sip water. Do you guys have any advice as i am a big water drinker. Starting to regret the sleeve.

Thanks for reading

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/24/12 3:41 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
It's better everyday, I'm 2 days ahead of you and I'm still having trouble getting all the water in. I have found mine can't be too cold and need some kind of flavor in it. Also cup of soup or warm broth works, hey that's water too! Warm felt kind of soothing as well as keeping my protein shakes thin.

Hang in there. How are your incisions feeling? At day 7 here mine are kind of hurting all of a sudden. I even took pain meds today.

shaunna28306
on 4/24/12 4:36 am
My incisions are hurting as well. I can't wait to get the stitches out.

Thebentb
on 4/24/12 4:15 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Hello Fellow Sleevers!!!
I am on day 6 post op. Yep, have to sip slow slow slow.... I used to gulp ice water now have to be carefull. Just was able to do my 2  protein shakes for first day yesterday. My incisions are sore again too, think its from doing to much? I am still not able to get my 64 oz of water in either... Biut otherwise I feel good, energy is good...Walking helps alot...Take Care.
hrford
on 4/24/12 4:22 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Try different temps.  Mine loved luke warm and ice cold but couldn't handle room temp at all.  Other people are completely different.  Warm tea was my savior.  By week 3 I was back to drinking almost normally.  Don't worry "this too shall pass".

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Empress NYC
on 4/24/12 4:24 am
VSG on 02/29/12
 SF popsicles were my saving grace along with tea and broth.  Ur sleeve swelling will go down soon an you will be able to drink more. Hang in there and give it some time because things do get better.
Evymetalmommy
on 4/24/12 4:59 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I'm 5 days out as well and finding it really hard to get in all my water.  Last night I actually got sort of dizzy and I felt weird. For me that's what happens when I start to get dehydrated.  So I spent some time sipping on the gatoraid they said I could have in such a case. 

Today is even worse in the liquid department.  At this point I'm focusing on staying hydrated. 
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Caliblonde04
on 4/24/12 5:03 am
VSG on 04/17/12
 I do lots of really really cold water. Broths and Popsicles are amazing too!! But I had two,surgeries done so my problems are different:( I had a hiatal hernia repaired as well. 
Mom78
on 4/24/12 6:46 am
VSG on 02/10/12
I still have my moments of regret!  Did last night!

As others have said, just be patient and sip.  Anesthesia can cause a nasty taste in your mouth for a few weeks.  I was a huge water drinker before and its honestly taken my until about 8 weeks to really enjoy it again.

SF popsicles were a life saver!  Also, broth, I can't remember the name right now, but it's condensed and comes in a pack of four.  You can add as little or as much to your water for flavor!

I know they say the goal is 48-64, but right now, concentrate on one ounce at a time.  I would pour 2 ounces in my cup at a time, then get up and get more, that gave me the movement plus the drinking.

Did you get a compression belt?  It works wonders for the soreness and air in your belly.
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views