Perfecting the Low-Carb Latte

Rouxful
on 6/20/12 1:56 pm, edited 6/20/12 1:56 am
So the last half a year I've gotten really attached to lattes and coffee. When at Starbucks, I order a nonfat iced latte and put Splenda in it. Aside from not wanting to spend $5 every day for my coffee, I want to avoid the sugars in the milk that go along with the drink. So I got myself a cheap espresso machine and have been making cappucinos and lattes at home. Instead of milk, I use Half-and-Half with water. It still steams up beautifully and I've just been in 7th Heaven. I have an arsenal of Torani and DaVinci Sugar Free syrups to keep things interesting, plus of course, my trusty bag of Splenda. Are there any other coffee lovers out there who want to give me any tips?

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

acbbrown
on 6/20/12 3:20 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 From starbucks - I get either 1) an iced coffee with SF Vanilla and a little non fat milk (ie 1/3 cup) or 2) I get a hot coffee with sugar free cinnamon dulce flavor or SF vanilla with about 1/3 cup non fat milk and if im splurgin, I will put 1tbsp of half and half. 

From home/work -  I used instant coffee, sweetner, SF vanilla and vanilla protein powder in the blender with some ice and make a protein iced coffee. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MyOwnSunshine
on 6/20/12 3:39 pm
I do skinny caramel lattes, but I don't count carbs, and I appreciate the protein from the skim milk.

I was thinking about buying a Moka stove-top espresso maker and a milk steamer/frother ( http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Express-3-Cup-Stovetop-Espres so/dp/B0000CF3Q6/ref=pd_sim_k_6 ) so I can use almond/coconut milk and SF Torani syrup to make them at home. 

No advice, but I do love my coffee!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Happy966
on 6/20/12 10:21 pm

I make a pot of decaf coffee in the morning at work and take it off the burner.  After lunch, I drink one or two large iced coffees made with the cooled-down decaf and Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend.  It is surprisingly cweamy, has 45 cal a cup and only 2 carbs.  I use 3-4 oz in a 24-oz glass, fill the rest with crushed ice and coffee.  Flavor with Torani Syrups, salted caramel is my favorite.  I find this extremely satisfying and gets me through the afternoon for very few calories.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active