Need new meal ideas...

janielynne
on 11/4/12 3:24 am

I'm really struggling lately.  Have 20 pounds to go, and I have been losing focus.  I'm making up my grocery list for the week.  I'm in need of some new meal ideas.  Please share your favorite meals with me.

mickeymantle
on 11/4/12 4:01 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

egg white omlete with mushrooms , maybe low fat cheese or spinach

AmberK
on 11/4/12 4:07 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Frisco has some good recipes on his website. He did a post a couple of days ago to tell everyone about it. If you scroll through the site, you will find the post.

Also, Elina_7  has LOTS of recipes on her page. There are great soups that are very low cal that will fill you up and some different salad options! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Solstyce
on 11/4/12 4:10 am - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with

I really love turkey meatballs- 3 of them are 160cal, 18 protein. Really keeps me full. I also make a big frittata every Sunday with eggs, meat, veggies and cheese. I eat it for breakfast with salsa throughout the week. YUM. I also buy a whole rotisserie chicken, pull all the meat off and eat that for lunch or a snack. I love quinoa- it is a grain, but the highest protein one there is- add some onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, mint or cilantro and rotisserie chicken- olive oil and balsamic or Greek yogurt with shiracca (sp?) for spicy. Yum yum yum- going to make the frittata now! I'm also 20lbs from goal and am going to practice what I preach until I get there- no more martinis! 

HW: 286  Consult: 276  SW:265   Pre-op: -11   1Mo -27  2Mo -11  3Mo -15  4Mo -6 (stall
UGH!)  5Mo -12
Keith L.
on 11/4/12 6:09 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Here are some ideas from my food blog:

Fast Easy Turkey Chili

http://www.mybigfatfoodie.com/fast-easy-turkey-chili/

Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps

http://www.mybigfatfoodie.com/thai-beef-lettuce-wraps-yum-nua/

Shredded Beef

http://www.mybigfatfoodie.com/shredded-beef/

5 Bean Salad

http://www.mybigfatfoodie.com/latin-5-bean-salad-or-as-i-like-to-call-it-cinco/

I have been making some recipes from SkinnyTaste.com lately and I have to say they are pretty good.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

danixbanani
on 11/4/12 9:57 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Skinnytaste.com has lots of great recipes!  I also recommend getting a pinterest account, lots of recipes get posted that you can always lighten up to your tastes.  

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/4/12 10:39 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Actually, I have a recipe to share. I made myself baked rice pudding last night for supper and it was lovely. It's the first time I've managed eggs without major complaints from Fred, so expect I'll be making it often - and coming up with new versions. Broccoli and some cheddar? Spinach and feta? Sweet or savoury bread pudding?

4 large eggs
2 cups low fat milk
6-8 packets Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cooked brown rice

Put everything but the rice into the blender and blend. Lightly butter a small casserole dish, put in the rice and pour the custard mix over it. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

1/4 of the dish has 183 calories, 12 grams protein, 18 grams carbs, 1.2 grams fibre. (I may replace some or all of the rice with All Bran next time to boost the fibre)

I had 1/4 of it hot for supper last night and 1/4 cold for breakfast this morning. Yummy either way.

Tonight's supper? 1/2 cup of baked beans and as much sautéed kale as Fred can manage. (1/4 cup?)

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

econtiff
on 11/4/12 12:49 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

My hubby makes me these chicken feta patties, 2oz each, seasons and grills them. Love those things. Could eat them everyday.

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/4/12 12:51 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Recipe??

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active