Fake sweetness question

maggienoella
on 2/5/13 5:57 am
Do you think that fake sweetness makes you want more of the same or even the real thing?
Or, is it just the carbs that make us crave carbs?
I've been off carbs for a while now, long enough to have lost cravings and I don't want to mess it up with fake stuff or stevia.
Thanks
Shagdoll
on 2/5/13 6:18 am

I tend to crave sweet stuff regardless of whether I cut out the artificial sweeteners or not.  I have tried to limit my consumption though.  If it has helped, it was minimal for me.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

mary d
on 2/5/13 7:14 am

Fake sweeteners leave me lacking.  It isn't even about the taste as much as the texture that real sugar gives food.  So for me, I just don't use either.  There is small amount so sugar in some of the things I eat, but I don't add it to anything.  I may have a bite or two of a real dessert every once in a while.  I am one of those folks who can eat just one potato chip or one bite of cake.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Pollyanna16
on 2/5/13 7:28 am
VSG on 12/28/12

stevia is not a fake sweetner, I grow my own, it;s a green plant, that I don't put anything on (pesticides) Big food companies actually  add things that make you want to eat more, and yes, carb make me crave more carbs, so not going there.

maggienoella
on 2/5/13 8:09 am
I just want to understand correctly. Did you say that big food companies put stuff on stevia to make you want to eat more of it?
Most Active