So How did you lose the weight?

Marcus C.
on 2/27/13 8:56 am
Hi everyone. I just wanna know how is VSG working for you? Do you only eat less and only eat healthier or is there something else?

How are you losing with the sleeve?
shrinking_sarah
on 2/27/13 9:12 am - CA

I both eat less food and eat a healthier diet.  I'm only 2 months out, so right now I still supplement my protein intake with shakes.  I eat lean protein sources, and really there's not much room after that.  Sometimes I manage some vegetables.  Those who are maintaining can usually eat more, but I think you'll find most people *****ach their goal and maintain it avoid refined carbs and processed foods and eat protein first.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

shajoh
on 2/27/13 9:15 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Eat much less.  Eat high protein 60-80g. Low carb. 20-40g. At least 8 -8oz. Glasses of water or other zero calorie drinks. And exercise. I try for 1hour 3-5 days per week. 

Sharla

rhearob
on 2/27/13 10:40 am - TN

All of the above +

Psychological after care to deal with food issues

Regular exercise

My new toolsets, of which the sleeve is one part, has totally helped me reshape and reclaim my life.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Marcus C.
on 2/27/13 10:44 am
It's nice to finally hear from a guy. I do have a question. Did you have man boobs before? Did they go away?
Calking
on 2/27/13 1:37 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Actually you do eat less but there is something else.  I am surprised that nobody has yet mentioned that little something else known as grehlin.  Grehlin is the hunger hormone that is produced in the stomach to let you know you are hungry.  The part of the stomach that is removed contains the grehlin producing mechanism.  Your system still produces grehlin but in smaller amounts therefore hunger takes a bit more effort so to speak.  

So you are eating less and you have less of the hunger hormone that tells you that you are hungry so once filled up you feel full longer.  Also the other thing that isn't mentioned is that when you fill up with proteins first and foremost the proteins tend to make you feel full longer as well.  It is easier to go longer without eating.  The other thing that wasn't quite mentioned is the fact that because we are all eating lots of protein ... in most case a minimum of 80g per day ... this will give your kidneys a workout.  As a result it is important to drink a minimum of 8 cups of water (flavored or otherwise) per day.  Drinking this much also fills you up between meals as you don't ever eat and drink at the same time.  Obviously with a roughly 3 to 4 oz stomach if you fill it with liquids there is little room for food and vice versa.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active