Hair loss

Julie J.
on 3/2/13 4:47 pm - NV

I know this is a really trivial thing......but.....I have worn my hair short my entire life and two years ago made a decision to grow it long because my daughter begged me to. I finally have pretty long hair. I hear that hair loss can be part of the VSG. Do you typically lose A LOT of hair and will it grow back? Will taking vitamins that are good for hair help?

SuzyNZ
on 3/2/13 5:02 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Most people lose some. I've lost about 30% of mine. Started losing it at about 3 months, was really bad around 4, but has slowed right down in the last couple of weeks to not much more than a person would normally lose in a day. I have some very thin areas through the crown, so just wear it up a lot at the moment to hide that.

Nothing will stop it happening, but supplements (I take Biotin) will help with regrowth.

It's just a short term bump to get to the end goal

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

AnnieinIA
on 3/2/13 9:11 pm
I don't think it's trivial at all to be concerned about this. It's something important to know about. I am right in the middle of horrible hair loss, I won't minimize that fact. My hair is my feature I am most proud of and it brings me great anguish to lose it. Hopefully the loss will slow down soon

Some people say biotin or folic acid helps. It's probably hard for anyone to say, because how do they know whether it's helping or not?? My doc says nothing helps other than your body starting to recover from the shock.

That said, of course I would never let this concern get in the way of life saving surgery. Never.

Annie
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views