Feeling inadequate...nsv...kinda

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 3/20/13 7:40 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

We've all been there a one time or another when talking with someone or being in a situation where you just feel inadequate.  I admit  I rarely feel that way...I tend to be fairly self confident....or at least carry the attitude, but every now and then it happens.  Now...80 lbs ago when this happened  my mind always went to "I am fat and this person is a fat people hater!"

Well today I was talking with a group of people (one or 2 not particularly pleasant ) I'm feeling antagonized and my mind went to "I feel inadequate right now...because I am fat!" and then "wait a minute...I am NOT fat...pleasantly plump perhaps" so...my feelings of inadequacy right now have NOTHING to do with being fat".  Lol...I just about walked away in mid conversation to further my self analysis.

So...the point of this is...1) losing weight doesn't resolve all issues and 2) I was having serious complexes about my weight!! More than I realized.

This weight loss/surgery is truly a self discovery journey! 

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/13 7:46 am

Natalie, that's brilliant.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/20/13 9:13 am
VSG on 10/09/12
A real NSV and a great one at that!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

econtiff
on 3/20/13 9:43 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
It's a heck of a ride. I'm fighting self sabotage everyday. I'm scared to succeed. I always have been, though. Nothing new. It's just rearing its ugly head.

I'm less than 4lbs from goal. Whatever that means. I'm scared of when the journey is over. I've identified with this process for the last year.

Now I'm just skinny Tiff.

Just keep discovering. I regret nothing but it's exhausting also learning so much about yourself lol.
jenn227
on 3/20/13 11:50 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Excellent self evaluation!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views