Long time, no post! Almost 2 yrs post-op soon.. (x post to maint & pics)

INgirl
on 4/4/13 9:36 am, edited 4/4/13 9:38 am

I'm still kicking!

Taking a self-imposed break from posting, partly due to a job that has me hopping for 10hrs a day, and partly as a head-clearing exercise.  I'll explain more at some point- likely on my 2yr anniversary post (April 11th is 2 years from my surgery, time really does fly!)  

Just wanted to reach out and say a quick Hi, tell folks that I do still occasionally lurk, and check in with some of my fav folks here and on the maint forum.   I'm still healthy, still learning, and finding what works and doesn't in this ever-challenging post WLS life. I am maintaining, with occasional ups & downs, as told by whether I can fit in my skinny (low range) or less skinny (higher range) jeans.. though the "range" is pretty small, a little extra and my jeans tell me fast! Me and the scale came to a mutual agreement (for my sanity) to take a small break from one another about a month ago. Next weigh in is on my anniversary. Still thinking about what I really want to say in that post..   

Things are very different after a couple years, in a much more challenging way. Don't kid yourself, the first year or so is as easy as it ever will be, both physically, and mentally/emotionally. You likely are as singularly focused on you, as you will ever be. Appreciate it, work it, and DO NOT SETTLE short of where you want to be.   

Till next time- a couple pics.. thank the gods for VS bras and good shapewear to control the floppy skin-bits (no plastics, would love to, but not in the cards just yet.) I'm going to be 40 soon, and am in better shape than I ever have been before. If anyone has any questions I'm always an open book, and don't candy-coat much..    So here you go, before @ 264 in Lane Bryant sz 24 jeans (tight, and we all know LB jeans are generous) and today in sz 4 Vera Wangs.. (vanity sizing! I don't normally fit in 4's, hello! I Don't care, they look good.)

[image]        

Most Active