kaffbeau · 0 replies · 5 views
3 days post op
ChelieV · 1 replies · 16 views
Beliteweight patients?
SoSmilie · 0 replies · 11 views

After surgery and running a fever.

Smcquithy
on 7/20/13 1:24 am

I had surgery on Thursday afternoon, I haven't felt well all night. I can't get warm and have a headache. The nurse came in ad took my vitals. I am starting to get a fever. I really didn't have this in my plan. Did anyone else have this problem?

I am also having problems with my eyes. I can't see anything close up, even with my glasses

Stephanie

claimmaster
on 7/20/13 2:03 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13 with

The part about not being able to get warm is common.  Loads of people find themselves very cold after surgery, myself included.  If you're starting to get a fever, there is no better place to be than in the hospital where they can get you antibiotics right away.  Hang in there.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

shelton51
on 7/20/13 5:11 am - Baraboo, WI

When I was in the hospital, I also felt that same way and ran a low grade fever.  No one was concerned because it didn't go over 100.4.  They said to use my incentive spirometer more and it would take care of it.  I did that and it did.

Sandy M.
on 7/20/13 5:30 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

A low grade fever is quite common right after surgery - I had it too.  Like the previous poster said, they don't get concerned unless it gets high.  I think it's the body's response to the trauma of surgery.  

Now the headache.  Having several previous surgeries, I know that I don't do well with Zofran (an anti-nausea medication).  If you're on it, you might ask for a different kind, since apparently it's known for causing headaches.  I suck at post-ops, since all the narcotics make me throw up, and Zofran gives me a migraine, and the rest of the anti-nausea meds just don't work!  I usually ask them to switch me to straight Tylenol as soon as they can.  A little discomfort is better than dry heaves and a migraine in my book!

I hope you get to feeling better - hang in there, in about a week you'll look at this as a distant memory and be able to start working on your long-term plans for health!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

themexcellentone
on 7/20/13 9:28 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

My hands and feet are constantly cold now post-op.  It's a little weird!  Also the fever is the body's natural response to post-surgical trauma. 

VSG by Nick Nicholson.  I write about VSG life here:  bit.ly/1vr7zBV

HW: 438 Consult Wt: 397 SW: 360 CW: 210.8 SGW: 220 (reached 7/18/14) PGW: 170

Luvmylilboy
on 7/20/13 9:33 am - VA
VSG on 04/11/13

I had problems with my eyes as well.  I couldn't read anything and I was getting worried.  I am now three months out and my vision problems have gone away.  I hope yours do to. 

Mousesmom
on 7/20/13 9:33 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
Being unable to focus is really common. It could be the anti nausea drug or the anesthetic. Lasted a week or two for me. Very frustraiting as I like to read
Smcquithy
on 7/21/13 4:57 pm
3 days out. I still have a bit of trouble seeing and still running a fever.

Stephanie