Newly sleeved... What's different?

Marcus C.
on 8/6/13 12:37 pm
Hey. To the newly sleeve people... What can you tell that's different inside your belly ?

I figure our senior sleevers have gotten used to the changes so it'd be hard for them to specify if anything feels different inside. But seniors feel free to comment lol

VSG on 06/12/13
What I find, when I drink something warm, is that I can feel it in a different place than I used to. It used to be that I could feel it straight down and to the left. Now it's definitely lower and to the right. It is currently a source of amusement for me.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 8/6/13 1:17 pm
VSG on 11/25/13 with
Haha how odd!
themexcellentone
on 8/6/13 2:42 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Yep...I get the same feeling.  Also, I feel cold drinks in the same place as well.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/13 4:04 pm, edited 8/6/13 4:05 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13

omg i just took a sip of water and YOU CAN feel it going down the left side.  looking forward to the right feeling soon!

so i have to ask, sometimes i get bloaty where my stomach is and burp a lot - i can barely breathe either.  do you still get bloaty with no more fundus?  cuz i swear mine holds 7 cups right now and gets HUGE when i eat certain foods that make me burpy.  i had a tummy tuck years ago so i still have a relatively flat gut area, except for bloat, then i look knocked up.  

Jibster
on 8/7/13 12:49 am, edited 8/7/13 12:50 am

I am three weeks out today, and I am nervously feeling very normal.  My appetite has definitely decreased, but I do not notice that much restriction.  Doc had me on soft food 10 days out and I was immediately able to eat 3 oz of tuna or chicken salad plus a couple oz of veg.  Then at 17 days, doc cleared me for regular food, and I have been able to eat 3 oz of chicken breast + 2-3 oz veggies per meal.  So many on this forum farther out than me seem unable to get this much in it makes me nervous for the future, but I am not going to panic.  I am following the Doc's plan, and I am thankful all has gone well so far.  

In summary, the sleeve feels very natural...almost too natural for my liking.  

Anne64
on 8/7/13 1:39 am
VSG on 06/19/13

7 weeks out today.  What feels different at this point (different than earlier out)

1.  I feel a significant pull on my left side from the interior stitch when I do push ups

2.  I have much more gurgling in my intestines..no real gas though...I am lucky

3. rarely feel real hunger...I have to go more than 6 hours without food before I get any signals that feel like they are coming from my stomach

4. I go from feeling fine to pretty darn full pretty darn fast.  one or two bites make a difference now.

5.  Drinking water too quickly reminds me just as quickly that I have a small capacity.

However, as I am sitting here typing, I do not feel any physical difference when compared to presurgrey.  It is totally weird and strangely miraculous (one woman's opinion)

Anne

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

Marcus C.
on 8/7/13 2:05 am
The drinking water thing. So when you drink what happens ? To throw it up??
Most Active