4 days post-op...

Janet H.
on 9/15/13 11:00 am
VSG on 09/12/13 with

Had my surgery on Thursday. The surgery went well, there appear to be no leaks and I am tolerating liquids quite well. Now the bad part. I immediately started having problems with nausea and dry heaves (soooo not fun after surgery lol!!!). Didn't get released till Saturday. Trying to get some walking in but it upsets my stomach something awful. But at least I'm getting in all my liquids and the pain is tolerable. Now if I could just get rid of these hunger pains lmao!!!

HW: 256  SW: 254  CW: 223 GW: 140

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/15/13 11:47 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Keep your chin up! Everyday gets better. Does your Dr have you on a PPI? It sure seemed to help me with the hunger pains and still helps with the acid and hunger too. Great your getting your liquids in, that's the biggest job at this point. Keep up the good work and best wishes to you!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

PrettyEyes_41
on 9/15/13 12:16 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
It takes a while for your body to reduce the amount of acid that it's been producing for a normal size stomach. If your dr doesn't have you on a PPI you might want to ask for one. It also causes hunger type pains that can be reduced by using one. I drank more liquids when i got that feeling. Protein shakes help reduce it some. I had nausea and dry heaves too. Get something for nausea from your dr to take at home.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Menchi
on 9/15/13 1:28 pm
VSG on 09/11/13

I am 5 days post-op, I have had some border line nausea myself.  Luckily the only heaving I did was while trying to down the yogurt they wanted me to drink today.  Drinking is still a little hard, I feel this tightness with every drink. It is brief but not painful.  I keep creating recopies that I can't eat yet, dam brain is ready to eat even if the stomach is not.  :p

cheryls222
on 9/15/13 1:58 pm - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

I also had surgery on Thursday.  My biggest problem is the girgling when I eat or drink.

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

Janet H.
on 9/15/13 2:01 pm
VSG on 09/12/13 with
Thanks everyone!! I will definitely be discussing this with the doc on Tuesday. And you're right every day has gotten easier

HW: 256  SW: 254  CW: 223 GW: 140

Most Active