Regain

June W.
on 9/25/13 2:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12

I have been back here several times, always hoping to get back on track and always falling short of the mark.

I have gained back 40 lbs and I only lost 60 to start with. I am approaching my surgery weight with tears in my eyes.

I have to get back on track. I have a treadmill at home and I want to just walk, each day, for even just a half hour. I need to do something. I have to go back to what I was doing after surgery that was successful: protein, water, and more water. I refuse to give up, but I don't have much hope I will succeed. I'm just being honest.

For anyone out there struggling with the same issues, just don't give up. I have to believe that I can get this right eventually.

Chrissy W.
on 9/25/13 2:29 am - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

It sounds to me like you've already taken the first step: admitting the issue. You know what to do, the next step is doing it. You have this awesome tool that you know works, it's just a matter of using it to its best potential. Best of luck to you, hon. There's not a person on the forum who hasn't had setbacks in their weight loss attempts at one point or another. We wouldn't be here if we hadn't! Heck, we wouldn't have had SURGERY if we hadn't! You. Are. Not. Alone.

I've heard good things about the "Back on Track Together" forum. Maybe you can find some useful information there too.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 3:18 am

I'm so sorry that you are struggling so terribly.

Now, let's try to figure out what the heck is going on! Clearly you are eating around your sleeve. You are taking in a lot of calories to gain the weight. Are you eating tons and tons of crap food? What is triggering you to eat this way? What purpose is it serving you? The food has to have some pretty significant value for you, if you've put on 40 pounds. I think counseling might be the way to go for you - both cognitive behavior and psycho-therapy. I think both could be of great help to you.

I know I struggle with the emotional aspect of eating all the time! It's very tough for some of us, but you know there is an issue and your post indicates you want to get a grip on the situation.

If you want some extra attention with your issues, feel free to PM me. I really wish you the best of luck.

Ms Shell
on 9/25/13 3:32 am - Hawthorne, CA

I have been "talking" about my 25lb regain for over 2 1/2 years and I'm still here battling it.  I'll never give up EVER period.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Shagdoll
on 9/25/13 5:09 am

I'm right there with Ms. Shell.  Regain is a ****** but worth the fight.  I am still battling it but I'd rather battle this than to go back to where I was both mentally, emotionally & physically pre-op.  We are worth fighting for; it's why we had surgery in the first place.  I'm just taking things day by day.  It definitely helps to have love & support from others.  Keep us posted on your progress.  We are always here for the encouragement.  I want everyone to succeed as much as the next person!

xo

Jenn  

WWBD?  

SuzanneR
on 9/25/13 5:37 am - Randolph, NJ

Have your sleeve checked to make sure it is as it should be. Then fight to stay healthy and eat the right things every day. We only have a tool and the rest is up to us, especially after the first year. Keep coming here for inspiration. You are not alone, we are all in this together. Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 9:52 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I wish I could hug you right now. I am so sorry you are going through this. You have to fight for this as hard as you have fought for anything. Fight for your LIFE. You need to take care of YOU somehow, someway. Reach out to your surgeon, a therapist, a nutritionist with weight loss surgery experience. You are worth fighting for. You just have to believe it!  

stratusphr
on 9/25/13 12:23 pm - Plano, TX
I am so sorry, I know this is tough. You are going through what we ALL fear.

A couple of questions.

Do you weigh and/or measure your food?

Do you log your food on my fitness pal or something similar? (I track calories and protein)

Do you weigh yourself daily?

At over three years out, I still do all these things. I call this my "dashboard" - the numbers let me know if I need to "change" something, just like the dashboard on my truck.

This works for me. I have a comfort zone, 143.5 pounds - 146.5 pounds. If I get up and weigh in the morning and I am starting the day at 147, I know it's time to change something. I lower my calories (1300 per day to maintain) by 100 - 200 calories. I'll be back down in my comfort zone within one - 3 days.

Like I said, this is what works for me. It's my new life, as natural to me as breathing. You can do this, you may have 'fallen off the wagon' but the great thing is this. You still have that tiny tummy, the 'tool'. This is something we signed on for forever, there is no end date. Tomorrow is a new day!!

Good luck!!

"Seas The Day"      

Dr. James Davidson - Dallas, TX

Surgery date: June 11, 2010

Goal reached: December 2010

Weight loss: 84 lbs

Member Services
on 9/25/13 12:59 pm - Irvine, CA

Regain is an issue for many wls patients.  Get back to basics as soon as possible. You can do it, you have done it before.  Don't give up!   Here is some information we hope you find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/eating-with-awareness/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/bariatric-regain/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/head-hunger-hang-on-it-w ill-pass/

Be strong, you got this!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views