HELP! I have questions!!

Brittany S.
on 2/25/14 12:28 pm
VSG on 11/06/13

Hi All,

I'm just over 3 months post op and I have a few questions that I'm struggling with.

1. I feel like my weight loss have come to a screeching hault! I actually feel like I'm gaining weight. (Refuse to weight myself daily) What am I doing wrong?? I've been VERY strict on my diet & portions. Not much has changed since the beginning, just not sure what's happening. Plus I've lost some of my energy...

2. What is recommended to take for head colds??

3. I'm having issues with not going to the bathroom... Maybe 1x a week... My diet has a ton of fiber but still nothing... Is there something I can take??

Height: 5'3"   Heaviest Weight: 240lbs   Current Weight: 227lbs  

Docs Goal: 140lbs   My Goal: 130lbs or less

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/25/14 12:35 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Miralax is highly recommended. However,  I take two Fiber Well Gummies daily and they seem to work for me.

How's your water consumption? 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Brittany S.
on 2/25/14 12:38 pm
VSG on 11/06/13

Thank you! Water intake could be more. Maybe 4 or 5 bottles all day, that's it. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/25/14 12:43 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I would suggest maybe increasing your water.  The most successful people on here recommend at least 100 ounces per day.  It could help with both your weight loss and your BM issues.   Good luck!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Brittany S.
on 2/25/14 12:44 pm
VSG on 11/06/13

Thanks!

mollz007
on 2/25/14 12:58 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Hi Brittany,

No advice here except don't get discouraged by the stall! Just make sure you got your protein and liquids, and you will be just fine I think! It's good that you don't weigh yourself daily. I just made a pact with myseelf that I will only weigh myself once a week. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

check out my blog!

Imakitekat
on 2/25/14 12:58 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Hi,

Answers:)

1.  There is a dreaded 3 month stall that is normal and other stalls I think that will follow throughout our weight loss journey. I never weighed daily so I think I may have bypassed it, thank goodness cause it would have made me crazy. Just keep doing what your doing and have patience. I know the vets here will want to know exactly what your eating so they can help you more.

2.  I think you could take most medicines that don't contain aspirin, I used mucinex with the saline sprayer and it worked awesome but without knowing your medical history, you should really call your doctor and ask.  The best and I do mean the best thing I have had for a head cold, you can get at walgreens around 12$ it's like a neti pot but it's in a bottle so it has much more pressure, it comes with saline packets. It's by Neil Med and it comes in a box!

3.  Miralax is awesome. Ask your doc what a daily dose schedule for you would be, it's not the same as a laxative and it works really well.

hope this helps and best wishes

:),

Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/14 1:59 pm - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

Hey Brittany!  You are doing so great!!  I have had so many stalls in the past four months and I get super frustrated but I just keep going.  Try to get all my protein and water and keep chugging along.  Eventually a pound or two will come off.  My longest stall so far is 15 days.  That was tough

For fiber I use Metamucil multigrain wafers. I have two a day. I had major problems from week 3 to week 12.  Since I started using these I have been fairly regular (every other day).  It has both soluble and insoluble fiber.  You need both and most fiber sources have no insoluble fiber.  It is the one that makes it easier to go.

congrats!! I am so happy for you! 

tysmom01
on 2/25/14 9:12 pm - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

First off, great weight loss so far!! Unfortunately, you will hit stalls and sounds like you've made it to the first one. Don't get discouraged. It will pass. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay on track. I stopped weighing myself everyday about 2 months out. It was driving me crazy!! I now weigh the same time, same day, once a week. As for the constipation, Mirilax worked wonders for me! But now, I'm back to my preop regularity of once a day thank goodness(even with eating cheese everyday). I also get in about 100oz of water/day. And as for the cold meds, I like Advil cold and sinus. Good luck to you!! 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Tracy D.
on 2/25/14 10:09 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hi Brittany - you may be in a stall or it could just be your head is messing with you.  I truly doubt you have gained any weight at all.  If you have it has to be water weight, not a gain of fat.  

I don't have any recommendations on the head cold medicine, my doctor let's me taking anything I need for that.  As for the bathroom issue, my doctor recommends 2 tsps of Benefiber per day.  I put it in my protein shake and it really does the trick.  When I need extra help I take some fiber gummies as well.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 31 views