5days out

Boxgwen
on 4/10/14 10:41 pm - Conroe, TX

Had surgery on Monday.  Been absolutely miserable!  Can't keep anything down. Pain pill finally stayed down last night and this morning.  When I lay down I have a lot of burping up fluid.  Is this normal?  Plus I had hernia repair.

Stevensl
on 4/11/14 1:06 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Sorry to hear about your issues... Iam 9 days out and I only experienced vomiting  the first day and very little pain...the only annoying thing I have experienced is this stupid drain in my stomach ...I will be getting it removed today and I hope it doesn't hurt.

i would be patient with the process things will get better...take it slow and ask your doctor for medication like Pepcid or Prevacid  for the gas or acid on your stomach.

Best wishes

Healthysleeve2014
on 4/11/14 5:46 pm

I had a similar experience after VSG and hernia repair.  I ended up staying in the hospital for 5 days because of the nausea and vomiting. One thing that helped me was switching pain meds. Dilaudid was making it worse, I switched to liquid hydrocodone by mouth.  Much better. I also did better with eating sf jello very very slowly to get my stomach used to having something in it. I am now 9 days out and feeling much better. Hang in there!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views