Just checking in...

sleevegirl
on 4/10/14 9:22 am - Austin, TX

Been a while since I've checked in. We've had a crazy few months here. I need to write a longer blog and I will eventually, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello :)

My nephew moved in with us a couple of months ago. He has a lot of challenges so getting him situated in school and everything has been keeping me on my toes. It's been crazy adding a third kid (age 15) to the mix. Hubby and I went from one-on-one defense to zone defense.

We're in the throes of tax season and I'm mostly sane, which is all I can ask during tax season. Heh.

My weight? Eh, it's okay. My all time high was 375, my all time low was around 150. I'm sitting at 175 right now, so I had some bounce back. I'm torn on it, as always. I like how my FACE looks more right now, but my jeans are too snug. I really need to plastic surgery and I hope to start that process later on this year. My plans for last Summer got derailed by my double lumbar fusion (back surgery) and I'm still not healed from that. I recently started with pain management and long-acting pain medication. I meet with the spinal surgeon again in two weeks to go over my CT scan. The pain doctor says that it looks like a good fusion but that it's not healed completely, there's micro movements going on and he thinks that is what is causing the pain.

We'll see... but onward we go. I cannot imagine recovering with an additional 200 pounds on my body, that's for sure!

I had my depression meds upped a couple of months ago as well. With the stress, being unable to work out for as long as I have and everything else, I was just slipping back into that space where I didn't need to be. That seemed to stop the weight gain and I hope to be in a place soon that I can lose at least 10 pounds to get where I'm a little more comfortable. This is kind of the high end of where I want to be, so there's that.

What else? Nothing much. It really is just crazy making here but we're all adjusting. Love and miss you guys!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Marley M.
on 4/10/14 9:32 am - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 07/19/12 with

Hi there! So happy to see you post today. Was wondering how you were doing. Both you and Alison, my original inspirations posted on the same day. How lucky for me. Take good care of yourself & your family and as always thanks for inspiring me.

HW 316 SW 310 GW 170-175                    

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/14 9:32 am

It's good to hear from you and to learn that things are getting better.  Getting a 15 year old to a family mix is quite a challenge, you are awesome for taking it on.  Good to hear that you are getting better with the depression and that you food is back under control.  The weight will come off when you are ready to do what you already know how to do.  It sounds like you are getting ready to do it soon.  Come back more often, I love seeing your avatar pop up. 

Miss150
on 4/10/14 10:17 am

Hi, sweetie pie- just that.  so happy to "see"  and hear from you.  Take care.  Hope all is well with the nephew.  I don't know what the cir****tances are with him coming to live with you.  I' worked in juvenile services for over 20 years.  Am thinking you are hoping to provide a good and stable home with growth and love -- hope for the best- do your utmost- if you are realistic, be prepared for some disappointment, and work it out.  God bless you richly for extending your family.  Take care of yourself.  Bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

happyteacher
on 4/10/14 10:22 am

Good to hear from you!!  I think it is super awesome that you took your nephew in.  It truly speaks volumes about the kindness that defines you!  Bummer about the bit of regain, but it seems that you are identifying factors and making the needed adjustments.  Don't be a stranger and check in every so often!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/14 11:44 am

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Nikke2003
on 4/10/14 12:36 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm so happy to read an update from you! Sorry to hear that things are stressful, but I'm glad that it looks like things are on the upswing! You are an inspiration to many, so I'm glad you were able to stop-in and give an update!!!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/10/14 4:43 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I think often of you and miss your posts! A 15 year old...OMG! Have one of those. I take my hat off to you. Please check in more often!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

TexasTerritory
on 4/10/14 9:44 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I have wondered about your back issues. Take care.

fran67
on 4/10/14 10:27 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12

Sorry to hear that life got so stressful but it sounds like things are getting better.  I miss your posts so it's great to hear from you! 

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Most Active