4 Weeks Post Op!

Miah_Momma1218
on 4/16/14 9:54 am - Columbus, OH
VSG on 03/18/14 with

Ok, I haven't really updated since my surgery, but everything is REALLY great!  So far, I'm down 29lbs and I feel AWESOME!  Yesterday was my official 4 week mark and I celebrated with a trip back to my Zumba class!  I was so scared I was gonna go and feel pain from my incision sites or my staples, but I must have healed pretty nicely because I had none of it!  I am on a pretty regular diet now as well, finding that I'm tolerating all foods well as long a they are in small portions and chewed up really well.  I have had one experience with dumping and lesson learned! I got to excited to have something new to eat and was talking with someone while eating and wasn't paying attention to what my body was trying to tell me, "stop! you've had too much!"  

Everything considered, I'm so glad i did it, and would do it again in a heartbeat :)  Now to try some great new recipes, find new workouts, and get it!  I do need to improve on balancing out everything, getting enough protein and water and taking all my vitamins, I'm not far from what it needs to be, just time to buckle down and do it  

- Jenners - "We travel the world over to find the beautiful, but we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 y/o, 5'1", Highest Weight 250, starting weight 227, weight at surgery 217

megan.sherman
on 4/16/14 9:56 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I was 4 weeks on Monday.  Glad you are doing well.

Jennifer E.
on 4/16/14 10:03 am

I was 4 weeks on Monday too:). Can you tell me what type of meals you are eating?  Are you tracking calories?  Thanks, and I look forward to following your journey :) 

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

Miah_Momma1218
on 4/16/14 10:08 am - Columbus, OH
VSG on 03/18/14 with

Hey Jennifer :) I haven't started tracking calories yet, but a typical day for me includes a half a banana for breakfast, other half of the banana for a mid morning snack, then lunch is usually something like brown rice and beans or chicken with broccoli, then I have some almond crackers for snack, then dinner I usually have another source of protein (sometimes a shake sometimes food) and another heaping serving of green veggies. I basically stay away from oils and have been trying to keep the carbs to a minimum.  I plan on tracking my calories and exercise again soon, in the next day or so :) How are you doing?

- Jenners - "We travel the world over to find the beautiful, but we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 y/o, 5'1", Highest Weight 250, starting weight 227, weight at surgery 217

Jennifer E.
on 4/16/14 10:21 am

I am doing good.  My eating plan for stage 3 foods is 4-6 weeks.  I don't go to the dr for 2 weeks so I left a message for my nutritionist today to get the ok(hopefully).  So right now I am eating pretty boring!  Eggs, fish, chicken, deli meat, string cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt. I have 2 protein shakes a day between meals.  I am a bit nervous to move to the next stage honestly.  I know it will be an increase in calories although I know it will still be much less than before surgery.  But I can't wait to move on to different foods!  

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

jujubslim
on 4/17/14 2:03 am
VSG on 03/17/14

4 weeks for me on Monday. I am tracking calories, I'm averaging about 500 calories a day. An average day for me is

Breakfast: protein shake  (syntrax chocolate truffle, skim milk, greek yogurt) in the am

Snack: Half a yoplait greek yogurt 100 calorie 

Lunch: An ounce or 2 of a protein (chicken, fish, deli meat) and some kind of cheese

Snack: turkey jerky snack bites or hummus. I like those Gerber graduates little puffs to dip into hummus or chicken salad.

Dinner: 2 oz of a protein (chicken, fish etc)

Snack: either a protein shake if I'm low on protein or a slice of deli meat with laughing cow spreadables.

How about you?

bigredlt
on 4/16/14 10:09 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

Congrats on the awesome start! Keep up the good work!

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

Tracy D.
on 4/16/14 11:39 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Glad you're doing so well 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views