I'm Nesting (and I'm not even having a baby!)

boymom2007
on 4/16/14 1:04 pm

Did any of you "nest" before your baby came? Well, I'm two days away from surgery and I've been a busy bee! hahaha! My house hasn't been this clean and organized since we moved in 6 months ago! I'm not sure what's pushing me... my wonderful mother-in-law is coming to stay with my boys, so maybe I want her to be totally impressed with my domestic abilities. ;) I also know how nice it will feel to come home from the hospital to a clean home!

A few weeks ago, I also started making meals to freeze for my family. (this is the strangest nesting activity because we never eat anything from the freezer!) I think there must be a "casserole" gene in my family because it just felt necessary for me to prepare all of these meals in advance! I did a big grocery trip today to keep us stocked for the next two weeks (aside from fresh fruit and veg) so I think this will help too.

In other news, I had to shower tonight with antimicrobial wash. Did anyone else have to do this? I have to use it the two nights before surgery and then the morning of. I guess it's just an extra precaution against infection?? Right now I'm thinking about my hair strategy in the hospital...I can wash and blow-out the morning of surgery, and get by with it the next day...but day 3 hair leaving the hospital??? I may have to go Jackie O and bring big shades and a scarf!

Any other "nesting" advice?? What did you do to prepare before surgery? Anything you wish you had done, or would do differently to make the first days at home easier? Thanks to all!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

boymom2007
on 4/16/14 1:04 pm

Did any of you "nest" before your baby came? Well, I'm two days away from surgery and I've been a busy bee! hahaha! My house hasn't been this clean and organized since we moved in 6 months ago! I'm not sure what's pushing me... my wonderful mother-in-law is coming to stay with my boys, so maybe I want her to be totally impressed with my domestic abilities. ;) I also know how nice it will feel to come home from the hospital to a clean home!

A few weeks ago, I also started making meals to freeze for my family. (this is the strangest nesting activity because we never eat anything from the freezer!) I think there must be a "casserole" gene in my family because it just felt necessary for me to prepare all of these meals in advance! I did a big grocery trip today to keep us stocked for the next two weeks (aside from fresh fruit and veg) so I think this will help too.

In other news, I had to shower tonight with antimicrobial wash. Did anyone else have to do this? I have to use it the two nights before surgery and then the morning of. I guess it's just an extra precaution against infection?? Right now I'm thinking about my hair strategy in the hospital...I can wash and blow-out the morning of surgery, and get by with it the next day...but day 3 hair leaving the hospital??? I may have to go Jackie O and bring big shades and a scarf!

Any other "nesting" advice?? What did you do to prepare before surgery? Anything you wish you had done, or would do differently to make the first days at home easier? Thanks to all!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

csbsteph
on 4/16/14 8:43 pm, edited 4/16/14 9:03 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I cleaned house like a mad woman too, I too wanted to come home to a clean house.  My daughter helped me, she normally mops & she cleaned 1 wooden blind, the rest are plastic & I just wiped them down with a feather duster...but yeah I did all that + more & my house was spotless.  I didn't prepare meals, my sweet Mom cooked for my family.  We did stock up on things I could have & seems like everybody bought me sugar free popsicles as get well gifts which is great cause I love em...especially the ones that are only 15 cal. eachBe sure you take or have someone take before pics, my daughter did that for me too.  Good luck with surgery & wishing you a speedy recovery.  Oh yeah I had to use the antimicrobial wash too.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

happyteacher
on 4/16/14 9:02 pm

Yes to everything you mentioned.  I made 6 lasagnas, 6 trays of chicken enchiladas, etc.  I think that is pretty normal.  Where I spent most of my time though was stocking my pantry, and I cleaned out my closet.  I had a TON of clothes going into surgery in a variety of sizes, so I did what I could.  Very glad I did too. Good luck on surgery day!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jennifer E.
on 4/16/14 10:38 pm

I had to use the "special soap" for 5 days before surgery!  I was worried about my hair too ands friend grabbed me a can of herbal essences dry shampoo- the orange can.  It works amazing.  Just spray (not too much) in the oily spots or a general spray over your head and bru**** through.  Smells and works fabulous:)

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

Tracy D.
on 4/16/14 11:28 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Bring a baseball cap with you to the hospital and wear it home on that last day.  You may not feel like taking a shower that morning.  

I think you've prepared well - best of luck on your surgery!  And make sure to take good lip balm with you ;-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

hollyk79
on 4/16/14 11:54 pm - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

I wouldn't worry too much about your hair... I was up and showered the morning after surgery and again the day I went home. Remember the sooner you are up and walking around, the better you will feel. 

Sleeved April 2 /14

5'8" tall HW 269.4 SW 251 CW 230.2

Goal?? 160 sounds good but who knows

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views