Light in the darkness -aka- Sometimes it's not all about the complications!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 3:26 pm, edited 4/16/14 3:28 pm

I am going to list positive things now (instead of venting my complications).

I am down 66 pounds. Is it goal? No. Have I ever lost that much before? No. Guess I better call that a win.

It has been 11 years since I weighed this. The last time I was lower was almost 12 years ago.

I now fit into size 18W jeans, DOWN from my 28W jeans. I can almost get into my 16W's.

I can now wear REGULAR XL sizes from Target. Not from the women’s section. The "I am not fat" section.

I can wear XL shirts instead of 4X shirts.

My bra went from a 46G to a 38G.

My undies are now size 9 and no longer a size 13. As we all know size 13 is that size at stores before you have to special order them.

I had to get new glasses because my old ones would fall off my head everytime I bent over.  

My face has a shape other than "round".

I can wrap my fingers ALL the way around my wrists.

I can sit anywhere and not be squished.

I am not the biggest person around.

I can easily bend over and touch my toes.

No more throwing a shoulder out in the bathroom performing "contortions".

My husband has lost 100 pounds, no longer takes 20 meds (5 were heart/BP meds, now he takes zero), is no longer diabetic, is no longer on a "high risk of stroke" list, has dropped several other dx's. There is no more Afib, and no more stopping his heart on purpose so they could "reboot" it.   He is no longer on death's literal door.

Even in the darkest times, and in the crappiest of days... there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.

I just have to keep reminding myself of this.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/16/14 3:40 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Yup! It is all about this!!! Excellent post!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

TexasTerritory
on 4/16/14 7:09 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Love your perspective!

Jennifer E.
on 4/16/14 10:27 pm

These are all amazing accomplishments! You should be proud if yourself and your hubs too! Complications can be tough but the positives are amazing!!!! And the list will grow :)

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

megan.sherman
on 4/16/14 10:28 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

Love it!

Tracy D.
on 4/16/14 11:24 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Wow - so many great NSVs!  You have MUCH to be grateful for and I'm glad you can focus on that.   

On another note, I see your goal weight is 120 lbs.  If you live in a major metro area, I would encourage you to get your body fat tested along the way - preferably somewhere that does underwater body fat testing as it's the most accurate.  It really helps to get that number as it's a much more accurate indication of how you're doing and what your healthy goal weight should be than an arbitrary number that sounds great or gets you to the low end of the BMI chart.   Just my two cents worth :-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 1:03 am, edited 4/17/14 1:05 am

I do plan on doing the body fat testing! I picked 120 as my "goal" based on that I weighed 104 pounds before my weight gain started. I figured I am older now & have more kids. Once I start getting down into the 130's I will examine what I look like and what my actual body fat is. I am hoping to have alot more muscle than my "skinny fat" days!!!! 

lnettles1963
on 4/17/14 1:55 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Wow, what a great post. We all can use this kind of reminder now and then.

Best Wishes to you and hubby on your weight loss journey.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views