Work as a driver after surgery......How do you get in fluids?

Justme7
on 5/19/14 12:17 pm, edited 5/19/14 12:20 pm - ID

I have a job where I drive almost all day long. Is it hard to get in all your fluids when you are on the road all day?  Can anyone relate that does this kind of work and what it was like after surgery to go thru the different stages   Thanks...

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/14 12:30 pm - Canada

Getting your fluids in should be the easier part.  My husband is on the road all day and eating is the harder part.  Keep a case of bottled water in your vehicle and just sip all day.  If you want it cold buy one of those coolers that plug into the lighter outlet.  Just keep sipping!

pineview01
on 5/19/14 3:09 pm - Davison, MI

Add keep some crystal light/mio to add to it in case you have trouble with water.  Also any other zero calorie drink you might like.  As far as shakes, keep a shaker bottle with the little wire ball in it.  You can pay more for the convenience off pre-measured or ready to drink protein too.  You can also pre-measure out a serving of protein mix and put in the snack size baggies.  I did this as I'm cheap.  I loved the Syntrax Nectar as it is thin and easier to get down than most pre-measured.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mickeymantle
on 5/19/14 3:20 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the problem isn't the drinking it is the going to the bathroom every 10 minutes and when you are still on the liquid diet getting diarrhea all the time  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active