New here!

KateD
on 7/31/14 10:22 am

Hi all!

I'm Kate and I've been lurking for awhile. I am almost halfway through my 2 week pre - op diet. I will be having the vsg on August 11th! It has been a long process so far but the light at the end of the tunnel is visible now! 

My main concern is that my cortisol levels have been very high, although there seems to be no reason other than my extra weight. My doctors and I are hoping this surgery will have positive effects on this. Anyone else with high cortisol levels?

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

lovingme9908
on 7/31/14 1:42 pm
VSG on 10/06/14

Hi KateD,

Welcome!

KateD
on 8/1/14 4:03 am

Thanks!

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 7/31/14 1:49 pm
VSG on 07/28/14

Welcome! I had vsg on July 28th. Feeling great. Good luck!

KateD
on 7/31/14 3:00 pm

So happy for you! How long were you in the hospital?

Happy healing!

KateD
on 7/31/14 2:57 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome! 

I am so excited! I forgot to put in my OP that I am 26 and my HW was 315, and CW 301. 

I've just completed my pre-op bloodwork and x-ray and have 3 meetings (education, surgeon, intake stuffs) next week before my surgery the following Monday. After waiting for so long and jumping through so many hoops to get here I feel like it's kind of a dream!

denicegoepp
on 7/31/14 7:31 pm - conyers, GA

hi  we have the same date good luck 

KateD
on 8/1/14 4:02 am

Good luck to you too!

jobe05
on 7/31/14 11:20 pm

Hi Kate!  I am at the exact same phase of this journey as you with the same surgery date!  My blood work came back with my White Blood Cells a little high, everything else was fine.  I started prepping for my LS diet a few days before I was actually suppose to start, just to help prepare me.  They took my blood work the day after I started my actual LS diet, so I suspect that had something to do with my body reacting to the lack of food!!!

Diets going well so far for me.  Lost 10 pounds in 3 days and I treat food as though it's my enemy.......  It's working!  I hope everything works out well for you and you can get the surgery behind you with no bumps in the road, I know thats all I want.

KateD
on 8/1/14 4:02 am

That's so funny, my WBC was high too. Must be the diet. Good luck on the diet! I too have lost almost 10 pounds already :)

Most Active