Been A LONG Time Since I've Posted Anything............

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 12:33 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Greetings OH Friends and Family!

I've been MIA for a long time -- just wanted to touch base and say that I hope everyone is moving along in the direction of his/her choosing. 

Life after esophageal cancer and subsequent surgery has been interesting to say the least.  My new-fangled/repurposed innards are doing a stellar job of keeping my digestive track working amazingly well.  In fact, TOO well.....I've actually gained a few pounds -- OKAY, it's TWELVE -- not so few LOL  But, my cancer surgeons and my sleeve surgeon are still delighted with me and the progress I've made.  My last two scans and endoscopies showed that all is well.  I'm almost 10 months post-op from the cancer surgery and 2 years and 2 months post-op from getting my sleeve.  If I had not had my sleeve surgery, the surgeons have all said I'd have had a very slim chance of surviving this cancer crap!  YEA YEA YEA for VSG!!!

It's time to get back to weighing and measuring EVERY SINGLE morsel of food and getting back to a regular program of exercising.  Getting fully released to exercise won't come until December, but I'm going to do some milder than my usual workouts just so I'm moving more.  I do enjoy my gardening and keeping the yards looking pretty -- but let's face it, that's not exactly a strenuous workout!

I hope you are all well and happy and being successful with your sleeves and your programs.  Keep up the good work!

Hugs,

Ree xoxox

5' 1.5" Tall.............69 years YOUNG!!!! Esophageal cancer survivor.

happyteacher
on 9/1/14 12:39 am

Ree,

It is so good to see you post!  It can be really, really tough losing while going through cancer treatment. I am so glad to read that your esophogeal surgery went well and that your subsequent recovery is also humming along! I think it is really great that you are refocusing and recognize how much the weight loss helped you to endure this path. Take good care of yourself! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:00 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thanks so much -- I know you've been through the mill, too, so we can understand some of what the other has dealt with.  You have done such a great job -- an inspiration to all with your commitment.  WTG, my friend

Miss150
on 9/1/14 1:05 am

Howdy and hello!  So glad to see you post!!!  Smiles and hugs your way, today, bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

lynnbabeny
on 9/1/14 1:48 am - VT
VSG on 07/02/12

Ree- So GLAD to hear from you- you've been in my thoughts this past year and I was hoping things were working out ok for you! To date myself, Keep on Truckin'!!

Lynn

HW-322 (11/11)  SW-276

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:23 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thanks, Lynn..........I'm not sure this is going to land where I'm trying to place it -- seems like my messages are being put in the wrong space.  Hope you see this.  LOL  don't fret about dating yourself..........I'm saying it's the Cat's Meow!  How's that for dating myself?  Hahahaha  Keep up the great job!

Ree

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:02 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:04 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:20 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you, Bonnie.  You've always been here giving so generously of your support.  You've done an amazing job and I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you!

Ree

Italian-Princess
on 9/1/14 10:26 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

I've tried to reply to you and OH keeps placing my message further down -- you might have to scroll to see past the deleted messages to get to the one I tried to send you a couple of times.  Anyway, thanks for all your consistent support........means to much xoxox

Most Active