Need Something...

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/14 11:28 am - AZ

I dont know what is going on in my head! But I need some motivation or a kick in the butt..

I havent been doing so good lately.. I'm not eating right.. and I'm not working out... Im just here. Doing whatever.... some days are better than others.

I still have 102 lbs more to lose!!! I am NOT done... but I can't find that motivation in me lately.

I don't have insurance right now and can't afford to pay for therapy.. so thats not an option!

Just looking for some help, some tips to get back on track..

I have lost 106 lbs in a little over 6 months... But like everyone, it is slowing down A LOT! And it's making feel like Im "stuck"

Just need some positive tips please, from people who understand...

Thanks!

G5x5
on 9/21/14 11:55 am - VA

The best therapy is to cut out ALL sugars and grains.  As simplistic as it sounds, sugar clouds the brain and gives you the blahs.  Once you detox from it, you'll get have better mental alacrity.  I've experienced it myself.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

luvmypuggies
on 9/21/14 1:30 pm

I just wanted to second the "no sugar or grains" advice.  When the evil carb-monster begins to take over your mind, it's hard to keep control and have a good attitude.  Cutting way way down on carbs for a day or two helps tremendously. Make sure to track your food - that will help keep you accountable to yourself.

You're doing incredibly well so far - over 100 lbs in 6 months is stellar!!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/14 12:16 pm - AZ

Thank you...

cappy11448
on 9/21/14 1:28 pm

It definitely is discouraging when the weight loss slows down, but what I found was that I had to shift my thinking.  I'd tell myself that this was a marathon not a sprint, and it really doesn't matter how fast the weight comes off as long as it keeps going down, even slowly.  I remember the frustration of the weight loss slowing, but in retrospect, you'll get there if you stick to the plan, and how much does it matter if its in 9 months or a year or 18 months or two years? 

So stick to your plan.  Try cutting carbs and see if the cravings diminish.  You can do this!  You've already lost a lot of weight!  Keep up the good work.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

acbbrown
on 9/21/14 1:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA

If you want to chat, feel free to send me a PM. I've been in intensive therapy for a while now and can share a few things I've learned. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

glady
on 9/21/14 3:33 pm

I'm in the same place! Half way through our weight loss goal and we hit a stall not just weight loss wise but like life wise. I also have been slacking with tracking my diet and some weeks my exercise is great while others I just fail at everything. I am trying and taking it day by day but I think I'm in a slump and adding something new or positive might help us. Its like my mind had been on weight loss and health on top of other life problems and I need a break. I go to a therapist and she suggested I do something new even if its small. I think that will help. Don't beat yourself up too much. Its a normal phase but keep mindfull of it. I was really bad last week but I'm feeling better this wee****ep thinking of picking up swimming or yoga and just the thought of something new makes me feel better.

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

Eggface
on 9/21/14 8:26 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/14 8:56 pm

I say think of why you had the surgery. Make a list. Also look at some pictures of yourself before WLS. 

Try to think of all of the NSVs you had and not just the number on the scale.Give yourself smaller weight loss goals. I think when we look at the big number it can be discouraging.

You have lost 106 pounds. Which in six months is great.

Think about the positive things you have done.

frisco
on 9/21/14 10:43 pm

This is very common and the question I get asked the most.....

First, 106lbs. in 6 months means that you know what's up !!! Congrats on that !

I have a couple of thoughts on this, both on the execution side which I firmly believe has a lot to do with the mental motivation.

Not saying this is you.... but something that happens a lot.

Bigger sleeves and higher calorie plans "tend" to run into this situation and cutting back to get WL going again is hard to do.

Seeing the weight come off is a huge motivator !!!! When it slows or stops..... huge bummer....and not very motivating.

Here is something that helped a few people that I've worked with on this same situation....

At about the 6 month mark it's a great time to "Restart"...... and I mean for "Everybody"!!!

Restart, Re-evaluate, Re-establish, Re-commit, Re-invent, Re-do, re-re-re-re-re !!!!

Clear the slate..... clear your head.... clear the pantry, clear the fog !!!

Just think how much more you know now at the 6 month mark than you knew when you first started this thing.....

You did things.... but maybe didn't know why.... now you know why, you obviously did way more good than bad to lose 106 and you know what to do.

Take a deep breath, think about it for a couple of days......

Forget about all the crap that didn't work and focus on the things that worked for you..... see, now you have less to think about !

Put a plan together to tackle the next six months, the second 6 months is going to be harder, but your approach will be smarter because you know what's up and how to do it...

Your going to tighten up your game, eat clean and get more active.... why, because this next 6 months is for you !

Get un-stuck !!!

You can do it !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views