"No Free Rides on the Skinny Train !!!"

frisco
on 10/20/14 10:39 pm

I liked this post by woon to Jimbo.

For those that don't know, Jimbo was over 600lbs. and had a surgery weight of 580lbs. and he lost 350lbs. in just about 2 years.

If you think you can lose the weight with moderation or "I had this surgery so I didn't have to diet anymore"...... Go for it, more power to you and some have done it that way successfully.

Most of us have to keep it pretty tight to lose all the weight...... always error on the side of "tight".....

Get on the "Skinny Train !!!!!!" all aboard !!!!! Woot Woot !!!

frisco

Posted by woon to Jimbo:

Jimbo, when I was one month you said to me a phrase that I have never forgotten. You said " No free

rides on the skinny train"  Sooooo True!!! Just wanted to take this time to say thank-you.

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

susan88
on 10/20/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Frisco, thanks for your motivational post.  I am going to make up a skinny train sign and hang it in my home office. 

It reminded me that I did the right thing in tossing my kids leftover breakfast waffles and whip cream right in the trash.  It was so tempting to eat those few bites but they were tossed down the drain. Their smoothie looked really good too but was loaded with way too much sugar to even have just a sip.  It is hard when you have kids that are super skinny. I can't wait to right there with them.

Luvmygs
on 10/21/14 12:21 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Wow, if that isn't inspiration! Thank you Jimbo and Frisco

diane S.
on 10/21/14 3:34 am

yeah and it costs even more to go in the first class car of the skinny train. gotta stay out of the snack car.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ReclaimingPaula
on 10/21/14 5:10 am
VSG on 01/28/14

So interesting that you posted this - I was just thinking about this concept, but didn't have such an eloquent way to sum it up.  I really have realized that this sleeve is NOT a magical answer - it is a TOOL.  It is VERY effective, so much so that I think it would be easy for me to take it for granted.  So, as the holidays are fast approaching, I have really been thinking a lot about how to stay on target and keep doing what I have been that has made me so successful thus far.  It occurs to me - when people ask me "What are you doing?"  I typically respond with "I had surgery."  But, I should add to that - AND, I'm very careful about what I eat, have been tracking my food daily for over 10 months, and I am now working out routinely, trying to achieve a daily goal of 10,000 steps, etc., etc.  The sleeve is definitely the impetus that pushed me into the zone to be able to actually DO that, but the weight loss success I have had is not just about the size of my stomach - it is also about the mindset and my actions to go along with it.  I am SO grateful that I have had this procedure done, but it doesn't make me who I am - just gave me the strength I needed to push to that level when I wasn't able to before.  So, yes, it is an expensive train ride in many ways, but OH WHAT A RIDE!  I'm in LOVE with the train!

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

Kelly Jean
on 10/21/14 6:39 am
VSG on 04/08/14

That's what I love about your posts!!! You keep it real!!!! Thanks Frisco and Jimbo!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/14 7:16 am

But...but...but...I need my carbs...I feel deprived....can't I have just a little bit....I love chocolate chip cookies, and I can eat just one now.   Yeah, I know that you say that later, I might easily eat the whole box, but for now I eat so little that one cookie is enough.  Really, one is enough for now.  What's that you say, something about a history of obesity and weight gain after weight loss?  It will not apply to me, I will not let it.  I am different, this time is different, I am much better at moderating now because of my small capacity.  :)  

That's my 'devil' voice on one side...

Thank goodness you and Jimbo and Lizanne, Diane, and so many others are my OTHER side.  

Love the Skinny Train!!!! Woo Hooo!!

Did I mention taking boots out of storage for the fall????  Skinny jeans and platform boots are my Skinny Train uniform.  :)

Linda B.
on 10/21/14 4:16 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I remember last fall when I bought my zip up, knee high boots, wow, what a feeling to be able to zip up a pair of boots. It's the little things that make me appreciate my sleeve.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Soxyloxy
on 10/21/14 9:59 am - TX

I saw it last night too, and loved it. It is already on my calendar  for three weeks after this baby comes out December 1 as a reminder to get back also sent it too some friends  who are struggling. Thanks Jimbo and Frisco. 

Connie S.
on 10/21/14 1:55 pm - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

Thanks for this.! I knew there was a reason I needed to visit the site today. Let's hear it for the skinny train! (And the uniform...I love me some boots and skinny jeans!)

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views