Newbie needs help

lovingme9908
on 10/21/14 9:52 am
VSG on 10/06/14

So I've moved to the puree stage and I have only tried to eat egg salad. All is well with that, but I'm really afraid to try anything else. I don't know why I'm afraid. Does anyone have examples of stuff they ate while they wee on the puree stage that was easy to tolerate? I know everyone is different so I don't need that lecture, just want to get an idea.  

And, yes I've sent and email to my dietitian to get her thoughts.

2ndtimesacharm
on 10/21/14 10:05 am

I had yogurt, tuna fish, haddock broiled with tomato sauce and minced really small it was actually very good! Also had Refried beans with sour cream and a little cheese! 

Just eat slow and small bites it will all be fine! 

Im 9 weeks out and have not gotten sick once because I'm very careful to pay attention when I eat! Slow and steady!! 

good luck!! 

lovingme9908
on 10/21/14 11:02 am
VSG on 10/06/14

Refried beans with sour cream and a little cheese sounds great.  Thank you!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/21/14 10:10 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try going to life accd to egg face site. I think recipes are posted for the different stages. Gwenmoe & Frisco might have something on their blogs too as far as what they ate at the puree stage, they ate much better than I did at that stage. lol They would blend up meat in a blender till it was the consistency of the puree food.

Me, I ate cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, yogurt, various soups like lobster bisque, even baby food!, Hey it was on the list my nut gave me. Good luck, this stage will be over b4 ya know it, just push thru, you can do it!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

stephg73
on 10/21/14 11:03 am

I'm scheduled to have vsg..please tell me what the hardest part for you was

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/21/14 11:44 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm not sure if this message is for me or the original poster but for my 2 cents I'd say there were a couple of hard parts that I'm working on. First off I'm a newbie & I'm learning all the time but 1 hard thing was the head hunger. I know I still crave for things that I shouldn't have but I've come up with some techniques to help deal with it that has worked for me. I have a sweet tooth & going cold turkey only increased my desire for sweets, but cutting back a little each day helped a lot!, to the point where I can have some sweets but not go overboard, where I can eat a couple of chips & close the bag, not eat the whole bag like I've done in the past. I know carbs, I'll probably just throw the bag away.  Logging it all down kept me accountable to what I was doing.

Another thing that was hard was practicing patience & not letting the scale rule me. It used to really put me in a foul mood whenever I'd see the scale stop or gain a couple of pounds, right back to my book I'd analyze what I ate, what time of month it was, my exercise routine etc, etc. I had to learn to trust the process, stay on plan & not beat myself up if I faltered & to not compare myself to other people, to accept myself as a unique individual & I'll lose at my own pace. I guess accepting myself in all my shortcomings & insecurities in this weight loss journey is what has been hard for me, but I get better every day.

Good luck with your surgery & hope to see you on the losers bench soon!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

stephg73
on 10/21/14 10:02 pm

Thanks so much. I've learned over time that things sound good, but when you're required to be committed... Emotions, fear, the uncertainy.

Thanks

VSG 11/3/14

Gwen M.
on 10/21/14 10:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Here's a list of the things I ate during pureed stage.  I loved getting to that point since I could finally have dinner with my family again.  I just planned things for our meals that were moist enough that I'd be able to puree them.  

http://myvsg.livejournal.com/37151.html

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

gram247
on 10/21/14 10:28 am

I ate scrambled eggs, oat meal, other hot cereals, puréed veggies in soup. Anything that could go into the blender. 

The first few times I ate very slowly and small amounts. 

The most important thing is to drink fluids. Don't get dehydrated.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/21/14 10:34 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Here's the link to Eggface's pureed food recommendations. Loved the Baked Ricotta.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views