2 years out and needing a jump start

Dstc_99
on 10/30/14 4:43 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

OK so I'm a little over two years out from surgery and I have started slowly putting back on the weight. Last year at this time I had just finished moving and was really getting into a rythm of excersizing and eating well. Then I started back to work and my oldest daughter moved back home which adds up to less time and a lot more stress than before. I have lost the definition I was getting in my arms and legs and I have put on about 3 or 4 lbs.

Here's what I want to do. I want to jump start some weightloss by going back on my shakes for a bit and eating only one meal a day. I just got done ordering my shakes and some snacks that are healthy. BUT it is going to take about 5 days for them to get here. What can I use in the meantime? I have some of Elina's tortilla chicken soup frozen and maybe some of the green chicken soup too. I will probably try to use those as one meal a day.

Any suggestions for what to do for breakfast that is liquid until I can get my shakes? I do not want to try some crazy cayenne pepper flush or drink a gallon of lemon water but I am interested in doing a healthy cleanse to prep my body for a healthier lifestyle.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/30/14 9:35 am

I think going back on liquids at this point isn't going to get you the results you want.

Protein first, then veggies, then complex carbs if you have room. Liquid shakes will just slide right through and won't provide you with any satiety.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Gwen M.
on 10/31/14 3:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Agreed.  Going back on liquids at this point is no better than any other fad diet.  Focus, instead, on getting back to basics like RosyKate suggests. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active