PLASTIC SURGERY AFTER MEETING GOAL WEIGHT

cdeabreu
on 11/10/14 10:49 am
VSG on 08/18/14

Ok just wondering what to do with the loose skin that is left?  Has anyone gotten rid of it with exercise  of its not possible to get rid of sagging excess skin.  Does anyone's surgeo recommend a plastic surgeon?  Please share

Valerie G.
on 11/10/14 11:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Exercise is good for a lot of reasons, but not for skin reduction, I'm afraid.

Your best bet is some good lycra shapers to boost your confidence, then when your weight is stable for 6 months, plastic surgery if you're able.  You don't want to get it too soon, because if you continue losing weight, you'll have more loose skin all over again,

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 11/11/14 2:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Obese and super-morbidly obese people not only damage the skin they have (stretch marks are damaged skin that no amount of exercise will "snap back") they grow EXTRA skin to cover all the excess fat that has accumulated.  

When you lose weight, this extra skin has no where to go.  It will hang, droop and sag.  The excess skin will be more pronounced if you are older, have drier skin, are light skinned and have been obese for many years.  

Personally I exercised moderately the first 10 months post-op and have exercised vigorously the last 7 months and I have lots of excess skin that only plastic surgery will solve.  

Your surgeon is one person you can ask about plastic surgeons.  You can also research them through the Plastic Surgery forum on this site and see who other WLS vets recommend.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

happyteacher
on 11/11/14 7:09 am

I carried the bulk of the weight in the abdomen and there was no amount of exercise that could repair that. I had PS (anchor cut TT) and the result are amazing. Yes, i have a scar-but what the hell, it just matches my 100+ other scars. The skin, on the other hand, really bothered me. I worked hard to get the weight off, and that skin and stretched muscle issue was making me feel like i didn't "finish" the job. If I could afford it, I would totally nix the turkey waddle!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

DeeNY52
on 11/11/14 7:34 am

Hi - I'm 62 and have been obese for at least 30 years.  I have very droopy breasts (I was DDD and I'm now D) and my belly hangs.  I'm not too bad with the arms- I'm starting exercise hoping that having muscle might help.  My thighs are droopy but I wear a bathing suit once a year maybe, and my husband is the only person who sees my thighs. Once I maintain for a year I'm hoping to get plastics on my belly and breasts, but I don;t know if I will do it if it's not covered- it's a lot of money.

Right now spanx helps wit the gut and a good bar helps with the boobs.  I am pretty sure that there isn't much else I can do at this point.

On the other hand I look and feel better than I have in decades, so I keep that in perspective.  I've gone from a size 20 to a 10!  With clothes on I look pretty darn good!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views