APPROVED!!!!!!!

Dee R.
on 11/5/14 10:06 am - CA

Just got a call from my surgeon's office.  I'm approved!!!!!  That only took 2 days!!!  I'm over the moon excited!!  My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 24th.  Starting my liquid diet on Monday!!  WOOHOO!!!!

Dee

zerofat007
on 11/5/14 11:18 am

Congratulation on a new you good luck.

PrayMore
on 11/5/14 11:26 am

Congratulations! I know how stressful that part is. My authorization took a month. I was initially denied within a few days of submitting because my BMI is less than 39.9. I had to prove my co-morbidity with more clinical documents. We did this with a peer-to-peer mediation that took about two weeks to button-up. The insurance made a few missteps along the way, too! My doc office would have just went along with all of their mistakes if I didn't challenge everything they said. I asked detailed questions, followed up with both sides - doc office and insurance - and bridged the gap with information and pressure. My health insurance assigned to me a supervisor who was working on my behalf, too. I attribute all of it to perseverance and my own advocacy for my case, but I can easily see how patients get discouraged! I was finally authorized last week and got my surgery date today! Dec. 2!  Best wishes to you as you start your pre-op and count down the days! VERY EXCITING! Good luck!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Most Active