get ready to slid on over!!!

lucky62756
on 11/6/14 7:27 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

Hi everyone... I had the band for 5 yrs. due to problems I had it removed on April 29th 2014. I am revising to the sleeve... Got my surgery date yesterday.. December 4th 2014... Yay me!!! Hoping the sleeve does what the band was suppose to do. now, I need all the feed back I can get... How is everyone doing??? are there any regrets out there? I know everyone is different, I know that for a fact. I was a Cheerleader for the band... Everything was GREAT for me.. no problems at all. lost over 80 pounds in the first 1 1/2 yrs. bounced 10 pounds around for 2 more yrs.. then all hell broke loose. puking. getting stuck, sick, pain. miserable... weight gain (45 pounds).. got the band out. feeling good.. but, my back (had 5 surgeries in 16 yrs) is killing me..2 bad knees too... this weight is causing me a lot of pain. .cant walk, exercise. hate it.. So I am hoping the sleeve will work for me... I think I am ready.. got protein shakes, whey protein shots, vitamins, gas strips, what else do I need???? I want it all ready before I go to the hospital...I am at 245 and 5'4... thanks in advance....

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

LucyWong
on 11/6/14 8:20 am - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 10/01/14 with

You seem to have it covered gas strips helped me the most. Get bottled water too unless they give you that. I took too much stuff. All I needed was my gas strips and water and clean underwear. I was home on day four did not even start chicken broth till day 10. You only ge****er clear or half Apple juice and water after surgery. Nothing the day before and two days after. So don't weight your self down going to the hospital.  I wish doctors would just say your stomic is too big we need to make it small. Ladies with giant boobs don't have to run the gauntlet to get those made small. Hey, don't try to eat anything until you have passed the time the doctor says. It really hurts and you don't want to stretch the new stomic, also get baby sized bowls and small utensils it helps. When you have soup you really are full on 1 or 2 oz and drink lots of water helps get rid of fat too, pee pee pee.

you will never need a fill again

sicncerely, Lucy

Sincerely, Lucy

Luvmygs
on 11/6/14 9:19 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm also scheduled for Dec. 4th! I'm very excited and ready. I heard the Unjury protein soup (21 grams of protein) is good. You can only get this online. I was told not to drink protein shots. I guess all programs are different. Good luck! Christine  PS: don't forget your chapstick!

Kim N.
on 11/6/14 11:23 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Hi Lucky.....

Good Luck to You.  My surgery date is Dec. 8th.  Instead of being nervous, I'm over the moon excited!

Like you, I've got awful bad knees and can't wait to drop some of this poundage so I can actually take a walk.  You and I are the same weight and height.  A year from now, just think of how great we'll feel and how gorgeous we'll look.

Take Care and keep in touch....

Kim

BorderCollieMama

Hislady
on 11/6/14 11:53 am - Vancouver, WA

Hey Lucky just want to wish you the very best! I know you've been thru the wringer with your band and I'm sure you will do great with the sleeve!

Most Active