Thanksgiving. What are some good choices.

purplequeeny
on 11/12/14 6:29 am - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

I have numerous Thanksgiving get togethers to attend this year.  Funny how looking different gets you invited to more places.  But anyway... The only things I can think of that is a good food choice for me is turkey and green beans.  One family has asked me to bring a dessert...thats fine...I will grab something from the bakery :)  Another family has ask me to bring a side dish...still not sure about that one.  I'm 5 months out so I'm tolerating most everything but I dont want to screw up.  What are you all doing. 

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

Gwen M.
on 11/12/14 6:33 am, edited 11/12/14 6:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My plan is to measure out 3 ounces of turkey and to then have one bit of all the other stuff.  But, I've only got one Thanksgiving dinner and I cook all the food for it.  (I will skip having a bite of the bread, since there will be bread in my bite of stuffing!)  

My one big concession for the holidays is that I'm going to eat breakfast with my family instead of drinking a protein shake like I do all the rest of the time for breakfast.  We're a big "eggs for breakfast" family, so I think this will be a good plan.  :D  

Here's what I'll be making:

No Knead Bread (for eating)
Bread Machine White Bread (for stuffing)
High-Heat Roasted Turkey (We're getting another heritage turkey this year!)
Apple-Raisin Bread Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Cream Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes 
Sweet Potato Casserole
Pumpkin Bread
Molten Lava Cakes 
Gravy

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

weeziebeth
on 11/12/14 6:34 am

brussel sprouts roasted with pancetta, balsamic. the balsamic has a bit of carbs but a very little goes a long way

veggie tray with greek yogurt-based dip

salad with field mix, red onions, avocado, and citrus segments-can also add some toasted nuts. very simple o/v dressing

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

grayC
on 11/12/14 8:42 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I eat for the holidays..

good thing I just can't eat that much..

I'll have my turkey first ( and I don't care for it to begin with)

then a tbs of  au gratin potatoes and some veg..

I'll also have a slice of whatever desert hits my fancy..

Thanksgiving isn't my problem...

CHRISTMAS and all the COOKIES that go along with it..OH MAN !! SMH!!!!

Thebiggestloser
on 11/12/14 9:21 am, edited 11/12/14 9:25 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

There was a post here recently about a recipe I will be sure to make during the holidays!!! It was for peanut butter balls made with protein powder and pb!!!!!

Valerie G.
on 11/13/14 1:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Get a good protein dose of turkey and a spoonful of everything else to taste.  You're going to finish the turkey, and it's okay if you leave little dabs of other things on your plate.  You will have tasted them, feel full, and be satisfied.

For a side dish you can enjoy and get protein benefit: 

• Thelma Salad:  Cottage cheese with SF Jello and cool whip with some pineapple or other fruit mixed in.
  • Veggie and cheese tray
  • Broccoli Pudding

Dessert:

• Low Carb SF Cheesecake with a walnut crust.
  • Ricotta Fluff with fruit and or cookies for dipping... You can even mix the Ricotta with pumpkin and cheesecake pudding for a holiday twist.
  • Angel Food Cake soaked in SF Jello - topped with whipped cream.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cheshire54
on 11/16/14 6:34 am

I will only be 24 days post op on Thanksgiving.  What will I be able to eat?

happyteacher
on 11/16/14 6:48 am

Typically there are fresh veggies, salads, and cooked veggies to go along with that lean turkey. I always find that turkey day it is pretty easyto eat a healthy meal, assuming once can stay away from the desserts. I usually make a dessert that is 100 calories for anyone attending that wants a lighter fare.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active