Thanksgiving day tips

Footballbee
on 11/26/14 8:25 pm

My plan today is:

to eat a good breakfast.  

Take all my meds (especially the Wellbutrin) as we will have a blended family Thanksgiving at our home.  

Have a snack around 10.  

Keep busy until dinner time.

Say a prayer of Thanksgiving 

For the meal.  small serving of Turkey.  for the sides Im going to have my own mini serving spoon by my plate.  That way I can sample some of the traditional dishes after a small serving of Turkey.

no desert.  Enjoy a hot beverage like hot chocolate (the protein enriched sugar free kind while others eat pie.

watch football 

get everyone out by 5-6 pm

RELAX and celebrate good choices!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

cappy11448
on 11/26/14 9:43 pm

I don't worry about the holidays anymore.  If I stick to my 4 meals a day, and eat my protein first, I know the restriction will keep me from overdoing.  I know I'll have some carbs and some deserts, but its ok as long as its a small quantity.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for with our new health and energy, family and friends.

blessings,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

sillymilly
on 11/27/14 12:19 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I found a great pie substitute - probably a little late to run out and buy it, but Dannon has a Caramel Apple Pie flavor in the Light&Fit lineup.  It is very good!  Found it at Wal-mart.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Footballbee
on 12/8/14 8:00 pm

Thanksgiving went very well.  I was a little concerned as I was in a stall and there was a lot of dishes that we only eat once a year.  That was my reasoning for my little serving spoon.  I even had small samples of pie!  We sent all leftovers home with our guests and only kept some Turkey.  I vacuumed packed it into meal sized portions for my wife and I and froze it.  

I am am very thankful for my sleeve and a new healthier life.  I am also very fortunate to have my wife (sleeved) make this journey with me.  Bonus us is my little sister is on the medical weight loss plan too.  

bring on Christmas!

Most Active