this week

Loaf
on 11/28/14 12:47 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Hi Everybody .  Happy Friday.

So over the course of this week five things happened.

1:  My wife and i went to the mall a couple times just to walk.  and my knees, and back did not bug me at all.  Cant wait to be more then 33 lbs down.

2: We bought the kids some dinner at the food court and i was able to sit in a booth.  I was still making contact with the Table, but it was not tight.  Been a long time since that happened.

2.1:  My wife is 6 months out of a VSG and grabbed some chicken  a noodles for one of my kids, (Chicken for her and Noodles for my kid)  and i had a bite of the chicken.  did not bug me, but what happened socked me.    I was disappointed.  Not with myself for having some chicken to eat.  But with the fact that the Chinese food  i used to love is now... Eh.   nothing special.  take it or leave it.  So the consumption of the Chinese food was what was disappointing to me.  I was expecting this euphoric rush of pleasure that never came. and the plate left the table with food on it.... Never seen that before.  I seem to be getting more joy out of Melba toast and FF cream cheese.

3:   Watching tv last night a commercial came on for Panera bread.  Something about a lunch special   Sandwich  and two sides... and of course they where showing it on TV... and i said something that my lips have never uttered ... EVER>    I looked at my wife and said.  " Holy Christ that is a lot of Food"   I almost passed out when those words came out of my mouth.  Who says that... I do not think stranger words have been uttered.... 

4:  a Co-worker told me that i looked so much younger and less tired.   Thats Awesome.   Bariatric Divorce here i come.  (kidding)

5:   First time since post op i have felt the full feeling.    Up to this point i have stopped eating becasue i am being mindful of the amount of food by weighing it and minding serving sizes.   So last night.. having a snack of soft cheese and Melba toast.    Let me tell you... i was full.. so i stopped fast.   Good to know i am not broken.

today i am 4 weeks post op (in about 5 hours) start week 5 on Sunday and i am feeling great.  Does not hurt to get out of bed.  I have energy , i am not passing out on the couch at 830 at night... Times are good.

I have lost 15 lbs since surgery, 33 since the start of opti  .  Is this a normal pace.  I figured that with eating only about 6-8 hundred cals a day that it would be dropping off faster.  Im not *****ing... well maybe a little bit.

And the oddest scale thing happen as well.   Last weekend i woke up and peed and weighed myself as i normally do.  and bam 5 lbs down in 1 day.. Sweet... until the next morning.. i put on 6 lbs... and i have been slowly dropping every day since then, but where the hell did 11 lbs come and go in 1 day??

Luvmygs
on 11/28/14 1:01 am
VSG on 12/04/14

So happy for you and congratulations on the weight loss! So many things you said I'm going through, falling asleep at 8PM and being so tired and having trouble walking long distances. This makes me very anxious and excited about my surgery next week, Dec. 4th. Keep up the good work and Happy Friday!

Christine

knolmom
on 11/28/14 2:46 am

Love your comment" holy Christ, that's a lot of food". I am 3 days pre surgery. Portion control has always been my problem. I love food, sweets not so much. My ideal meal would be appetizer, soup, salad loaded with dressing, bread and butter, meat, potatoes and veggies. Hold the chocolate cake and bring me a plate of ravioli for dessert.

i can't wait to share your feelings of full!

Most Active