Protein !! Mixes/Shakes

Will_Power
on 11/28/14 12:49 am

I'm 10 days post op (VSG) and feeling pretty good.  A few tender spots but other than that not bad. The only problem i have right now is the protein mix. I'm having trouble drinking them, Not the feeling of being full.. But the flavor itself. I purchased Ru-Tein powder from my surgeons office prior to my surgery to prepare. It has to be the worst flavor ever !!. Looking for a shake/mix to replace it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

I heard from a friend that premier protein is good and high in grams, But i don't have a sams club or costco membership... And that seems like the only local place to get them??

Luvmygs
on 11/28/14 1:06 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Walmart carries premier protein shakes. You can also buy online through amazon. You can also buy Syntrax Nectar which is really good and it has 23 grams of protein. Good luck.

Browneyedgirl33
on 11/28/14 2:54 am

My surgeon told me Unjury is the best 21 g protein.  I mix it with water and I get the chocolate splendor.  It really isn't that bad.  I don't think any of them are going to taste the greatest but this one is manageable.  I order it online at unjury.com

Will_Power
on 11/28/14 3:16 am

Thanks for the replies. I found some of the premier shakes at walgreens. I'm chilling them right now. :o)

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/28/14 3:35 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I buy mine from Walgreen's, Food City or Kroger's

Premier Protein Product Locater

pebtash
on 11/29/14 5:01 am
VSG on 11/25/14

HI, I am 4 days post-op, I know some people drink the premire shakes from Walmart but I was told the shakes have to have isolate in them because it is the most absorbing in our systems. However I went to the vitamin shoppe and bought a vanilla and chocolate nectar mix. They cost about $40.00 and I make them with milk they are very good. There is 130 servings in the container. Nashua Nutrition also sells the nectar brand. I asked around a lot before surgery and Nectar was the most popular that I found. Good luck and I hope you find something you will like.

Bella_Fein
on 11/30/14 12:59 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

The only protein powder I can stomach is Matrix. I love the chocolate and mint cookie. It is not thick like most protein shakes. It's the consistency of chocolate milk. I can't stomach the thick gooey , almost pudding like consitancy of most protein poweders. I am the (self declared) most picky person when it comes to protein. I think most of them are disgusting, especially fruit flavors.

I suggest this sample pack, before buying full canisters. There is also their Nectar line. I like the Double Stuffed Cookie and Chocolate Truffle. I spent at least $1000 on samples before surgery so I could try every brand imaginable. This brand won over all of them.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active